« 18 »

Kirstie's P.O.V.

The next couple of days of tour were interesting. Although me and Avi were being extremely secretive, I had a feeling we weren't doing enough. Mitch still looked at me like he knew something, Scott would do all it took to make sure that me and Avi were in close contact with each other whatever we did, Kevin raised a few eyebrows at our actions towards each other but he shook it off. I could tell that the cogs and wheels inside their heads were all spinning trying to piece together a secret puzzle.

I had warned Avi that I saw a few glances our way, which he told me he knew about. I was starting to get extremely worried. I wanted to tell the guys about me and Avi, but I wanted to wait. Telling them in the middle of tour would set off a minefield of consequences. I don't know why they would have any suspicions. Myself and Avi were acting perfectly normal around each other.

I think that was the problem. We were normal. Before we were a 'thing' we were always nervous around each other. I would avoid all contact with him, I wouldn't have a day/night in with him, he was a stranger to me - and now he was definitely more than that. I made a mental note to myself to talk to him about it later.

We were all rehearsing at the minute, some of the crew were with us but Darian and Esther went out for dinner. They at first refused, but we told them they deserved a break as much as we did. We had finished rehearsing and were all in the biggest dressing room when they walked in hand in hand.

"Did you have a good time?" Avi asked

There was a certain gleam in both of their eyes, they both looked ridiculously happy - something had happened. I nudged Scott and Kevin who were sitting on either side of me, they both caught on.

"Actually, we have something to tell you..." Darian trailed off, moving impossibly closer to Esther.

There was a silence that was occupied by a series of glances around the room. Avi was furrowing his brow, he looked adorable.

"WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!" Esther screamed jumping up and down on the spot while still clinging onto Darian.

We all jumped up running to the couple to congratulate them. I got there first pulling Esther into a massive bear hug, I started to cry out of happiness for her. I saw Avi giving Darian a handshake and pulling him in for a hug - I just knew he was whispering something in his ear. When he pulled away Darian looked at him solemnly, nodding his head and smiling at him.

"This calls for a celebration!"Mitch started to dance around and picking a bottle of champagne.

"Of course it does! But AFTER the show!" Esther smiled whilst wrapping her arms around Darian.

Mitch pouted at her but started to get his stuff together for the stage. I moved over to Avi, trying to disguise it as a journey to the vending machine.

"What did you say to Darian?" I asked, pretending to buy a bottle of water.

"I told him to take care of my sister. I don't want her to be unhappy - I don't think he would ever hurt her, but it's my duty to warn anyone if they mess her over they'll have me to answer to" he lowered his voice for that last part, trying to make his best scary face.

"Wow, so threatening!" I joked

"Hey!" he smiled poking me in my sides.

"Just kidding, it's admirable the way you take care of Esther" I said, walking away towards the stage door.

« « « « « after the show » » » » »

"Right let's get ready and hit the town!" Scott shouted running towards his dressing room.