Chapter 8

Phil stirs, and he groggily opens his blue eyes. "Dan?" he whispers, confused. I smile. "Yes, Phil, it's me." A smile blossoms on Phil's face. "You came back!" he cries, throwing his arms around my neck. I chuckle. "Yes, I came back. I'm sorry, Phil. I overreacted. You didn't know what to do so you did the first thing that came to mind, and I can't blame you for that," I say. Phil places a kiss on my lips. "I'm just glad you're back."

Things go back to normal. Fans are relieved we're alright, friends are relieved we haven't killed each other yet. For the first time in a while, we were truly happy. I was planning something big, but I couldn't tell Phil. Not yet, at least.

"Which one?" I hiss to my friend that's standing beside me. "I don't know, it's your thing," Tyler hisses back. "You're no help," I mumble, and Tyler chuckles. "Dan, you'll know the right thing when you see it."

"Come on, Phil, the flight leaves soon!" I call through our flat. "Coming!" Phil yelps, tripping over his own feet as he stumbles to get his socks and shoes on. Finally, he's ready, and we head to our ride. "Are you excited for America?" I ask him. Phil grins. "You bet I am!"

On the plane, Phil falls asleep on my shoulder. I smile fondly down at the black-haired boy. The girl next to me 'aww's, and I roll my eyes. She giggles. "You're danisnotonfire, right?" she says suddenly, breaking the silence. I nod, surprised to be recognized on my way to America. "Yes, that would be me," I say, smiling warmly. The girl's expression turns excited and she hurries to remove something from her bag.

"I want you to have this," she says finally, holding out a book of some sorts. I take it, curiously flipping through the pages. I see screenshots of the phil is not on fires, drawings of me and Phil, beautiful fan-art that amazes me. "What is it?" I ask. "I asked all of the phandom to send in some of their favorite things that had to do with you. I was planning on giving it to you during VidCon, but since you're here now, I decided now was as good time as any." I smile at her. "Thank you," I whisper, truly meaning it. She returns the smile. "It's our way of thanking you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It ended kind of weirdly but that's okay

Hope you enjoyed the chapter :)

~Ansley