Chapter 6

Phil's POV

I stare at the door where I last saw Dan's black jacket swish around the corner, struggling to keep from crying. You're such an idiot, Phil. You deserve this. Dan deserves someone better. Eventually, I give up, realizing he's not coming back. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I disappear into my room.

I find the note that I left, and I carefully open it. Dan had kept it on his nightstand, as if to remind him that he would soon be in my arms again. I shiver as a draft flows into the room, and I wish more than anything that Dan was here. I pull the duvet up to my chin and snuggle underneath it. I long to feel Dan's warm body against mine, hear the gentle lull of his breathing as he slips off to dreamland, but I can't because I blew it.

Finally letting the tears flow, I slowly drift off to sleep.

Dan's POV

I lean my head against the cool glass of the train window, watching as the trees zip by. The low drone of the other passengers' conversations seem distant. I'm in my own little world; a world of misery and pain and sorrow, of confusion and anger and hurt. I pay no attention to everyone else, and in turn they pay no attention to me.

I sit in silence as the country zips by, soon giving away to the familiar landscape of Manchester. Memories of Phil and I walking around the town as we filmed Day in the Lives flow back to me, and I bite back tears. I head to the nearest Shakeaway, planning to get a drink just like old times.

I thank the clerk and grab my milkshake, slowly sipping it as I walk along. I notice the sign for a motel, and I head towards there. I'll return in the morning, I tell myself as I lay for the room. I'll come back for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you have it, folks! A brand new chapter of Heart of Glass! Ansley here. I know it's very short, but I thought it was good to end it on this note. I hope you enjoyed :)