Chapter 2

Slowly, Phil and I made our way through the winding streets of London. People stared at us as we walked by. I could sense their judgmental eyes taking in our scars and bruises, their silent disapproval seeping into my pores and into my soul. I paid them no mind as me and my boyfriend neared home. For now, we were safe.

~PRESENT DAY~

I curl into Phil's chest, trying to warm myself. It is freezing out, being January, and I am slowly turning into an ice cube. Phil chuckles slightly, the low rumble causing vibrations down my spine. "You're adorable," he says, smiling softly. I kiss him in reply, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Phil?"

"Yes?"

"How much do you love me?"

"I love you to the next galaxy and back."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I love you to the next galaxy and back three times."

I look up at him and smirk. "Which means I love you more." Phil blushes slightly, and I laugh. "You're adorable." Phil rolls his eyes, yet a smile dances on his lips.

I lay my head back down on his chest, my eyelids drooping. "I think I'm going to take a nap," I mumble, suddenly very tired. Phil leans down and kisses my forehead.

"You do that."

"I will."

I feel the comforting arms of sleep pull me into an embrace, and I am off to dreamland.

***

Phil's cold, dead eyes stared eerily back at me. "Phil? Is that you?" my voice spoke, quivering like crazy. No answer. "Phil?" Panic rose in my chest, causing my chest to tighten. My breathing quickened, and I collapsed. I struggled to control my breathing as I rested my head against the sofa, closing my eyes.

Slowly, I opened them again, just enough to see out of the little slits. "Phil?" I said again, this time only a slight tremor in my voice. I felt my heart crack in my chest as I realized he wasn't coming back.

"Don't leave me."

***

I jolt awake, drenched in a cold sweat. I shiver from the cold, and I realize Phil wasn't beside me. Thinking he went into to the kitchen, I get up and trudge down the hall.

The kitchen is empty.

"Phil?" I call. No answer. Slowly, realization set in. Phil is gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey what up it's Ansley

This is going to be entered in a contest but they're only allowing one book per account. This wouldn't be a problem unless we were entering Big Boys Don't Cry and we are

This may be deleted after it's transferred to my account, but I don't know yet

Hope you enjoyed! :)