50. A crush come true!!

Start from the beginning

I shut my phone and went downstairs. Mom was stitching some cloth. I went and hugged her from behind.

Immediately she stopped and looked at me. She held my face and moved my hair from my face, watching me lovely. The she moved her thumb beneath my eyes making me realize that I had been crying.

"What is it Shikha.. Tell your mom.." She said as she made me sit near to her on the stitching bench.

"Mom... I don't know what to do.. I'm confused.. I.." More tears came running down.

"Is this about Dhruvika?" She asked and I shook my head, trying desperately to rub my tears away.

"Or is it about some boy?" She asked. I paused myself, and slowly nodded my head.

"Kiran right.." I was suddenly shocked. How could she know so easily..

"Mom.. How do you..?" I started.

"I am your mother... I know your every feelings. And I know that you're worried whether you will get the same fate as Dhruvika too, Right." Her questions were very straight forward, and it somehow helped. But still I couldn't answer.

"Beta.. Dhruvika is a very brave and good child. If Ram has taken that decision, its probably because he loves her so much to see her hurt. But that doesn't mean he is doing the right thing.. Pushing her away is not the option. Kiran is also brave and smart, and so are you.. Make sure you let him know earlier that whatever happens you are not going to leave him." She said as she stroked my hand.

How does she know so much about me?

  "Mom are you okay with this? Aren't you scared? Meera aunty will be dying each moment until she is sure Ruvee is married to someone else." I said. My eyes were drying up now.

"The difference between Meera and Me is, they chose the boy, they chose the alliance. But Shikha you chose him, because you liked him. And my daughters happiness is everything to me. U couldn't give you anything while your dad left us, all I can do is to make sure you are with the guy you are happy to be with." Mom said, and this time her eyes watered too.

"But mom, the main problem is, he doesn't even know.. And I'm afraid he will not accept me even if I tell him.. He has been alone his whole life.. And I may be just a friend. Once the thing between Ram and Ruvee is finalised, whichever way it is, he might just forget me and move on with his life. And from what I heard, he loves danger and believes he danger fears him just because he is a loner. He is a complete jerk too.." My words were rushed. I wasn't even sure If mom had caught up with me. But she laughed to the jerk part.

"What I have studied from my experience is, fight for what you want.. Tell him your feelings.. If he is a smart guy, he will see how much you love him, and how much precious you are.. If not, as you said, he is a jerk." She said and we both laughed.

"Okay, now help me make something for the three of us to eat. Let's see he will fall for your food." She said. And took my hand leading me to the kitchen.

I love you mom, you are the best friend I've ever had..

******************************

I looked at the mirror. I had worn a green top and grey jeans. Casual.. With no makeup and hair down. On second thoughts, I tied my hair into a pony and finished my face with light kohl and lipgloss.

Was I overdoing it?

Blaah..

As I continued to comb my hair, the bell rang down stares and my heart stopped. I opened my door ajar and listened.

It was him.

Should I go down? I looked at the mirror again and rubbed off the gloss and tied my hair into messy bun. I don't want him to think that I was dolling up just to meet him.