2.Marriage???

Shivji's prediction was a surprise for everyone. Especially for me and Papa. My first instinct was to deny it. But I knew Amma very well. She was more shocked than us. Not because I was getting married. But because of the other things he said.

According to Shivji, I was having shani dosha or in simple words, there is a bad aspect of Saturn in my birth chart. Hence my marriage relationships will be difficult. After the age of 24, I should not be married off, in case I did, then my husband would die.

"But Shivji, there has to be a solution. A pooja or anything. Please don't let my Ruvee suffer". Amma was going crazy. She was crying.

" Yes, there is only one solution for this. She should get married before she is 24, the sooner the better. And her husband should also have shani dosha. That is the only remedy that I see." Shivji was stern about his reply.

I was sure Amma was going to agree to that. But Papa wasn't.

"But Shivji, you said that she had time till she's 24, right. Then why rush the marriage." My darling Papa intervened, causing Amma to give him a glare.

"Mr. Sanjay, it is not very easy to find a good son in law of your taste with shani dosha. It takes time. And the sooner she is bonded with him by all means, the better."

Bonded by all means?? As in... Oh my God! Tell me this is a dream. This is not happening. Me getting pregnant at 24?? I deserved a happy life.

"Shivji, so is this the only solution??" Amma was getting more hysterical.

"Yes, I'm afraid this is it." He then faced me and said, "Beta, do you have someone in your mind?"

All I could do was shake my head to show my denial. I was never in a relationship before. And I'm not very good with boys. I have received a lot of proposals and love letters. But I didn't give them positive replies.

The only guy friend close to me was Shyam, my classmate. And I have never felt any feelings for him. And now Shivji is talking about bonding and love.

"Then you may start searching for a proposal. And Mrs. Sanjay, the sooner the better. If you have any doubts you may clear it."
I was sure about one thing. My world is about to turn upside down.

***************************************

Since the talk with Shivji, Rithu was silent. Even during the drive back home she was silent and it was worrying me.

Upon reaching home I asked her, "Rithu, tum silent math ho jao, kuch boloo rithu.. ( Rithu, please don't be so silent... Just say something.)" Her silence was killing me.

"Papa can I call my friends for her marriage and can I please wear a saree?? Pretty please??"

Okay, wow. I was dying in here and she has already started planning marriage." Yes, you can wear a saree and call any number of friends you want, and along with them bring a girl who can replace me in this marriage", I snapped at everyone and ran towards my room.

I threw open the door, slammed it shut and leapt onto my bed crying. I wasn't ready for this. I didn't wanna marry now. I was only 22 and there was a lot in my life that I had to conquer. By now I was crying hard and I didn't know why.

Suddenly Shivji's words played inside my head, that something important was going to happen in my life. Was I trying to deny the inevitable?? Was this already destined?? But why?? Why now??

The knock on the door brought me back to earth and I instantly knew who my visitor was.

"Come in papa", I said with a croaky voice. It was obvious that I cried, and I knew it from papa's reaction. I moved aside and let him sit on my bed. He then patted the place next to him and I sat beside him.

We both were silent for a while. Both didn't know what to speak and how to start. At last papa decided to break the silence. He started, "Baby, I know it is hard for you, but you heard Shivji. This is important. We can't risk your life Ruvee."

"Papa, I don't know what to say. I'm only 22. My dream, my boutique, a well settled life, further studies.. What about that." I was trying my best not to cry.

"Ruvee, mujhe patha hain, trust me. This is what everyone feels before their marriage. And baby, we will not force you into something. Are you sure you don't have anyone in your heart?" He asked

Why was everyone asking me the same question?? I simply shook my head.

"Ruvee, all decision is yours. And papa will find you a young, handsome, kind and responsible prince for my princess. And I will make sure that you will continue your studies even after marriage. We have to do this baby, your happiness is more important for us than anything else."

"But papa, I'm not ready for this. I don't know if I can manage being the wife of someone, a daughter in law of a sasural, and I.. I don't want.... I.." I struggled for words. But he is my dad, no one else knows me better than him.

"Baby, you are a very mature and responsible girl. I have faith in you. The sasural will be blessed for having you. And Ruvee, no one is going to force you to do something you don't want.

" Being in a relationship doesn't always require physical love. It means mental support and emotional love. We will find a boy who will love you for your character than your body. And Ruvee whatever happens Papa and Amma will always be there with you. You will be on safe hands." By now I couldn't stop the tears from falling out of my eyes.

I hugged him tightly and let my tears fall on his shirt. I felt some wetness on my head and I knew the source. I hugged him more tight and cried my emotions out.

Images of Papa and Amma and Rithu flashed in my mind. It was like a dream. Slowly I fell into a deep sleep in my Papa's arms.
""""'''''''''''''''''""""""""'''''''""""""""""""
I hope you all liked my story. Wait for next chapters which will be the first meet.
Love, Amaira.
@