46. You never asked me to wait!!

My eyes felt droopy, my body was weighing me down.. I felt weak.. The sedative was too much that it made me want to sleep... But I found myself fighting it, my body fighting it..

My vitals were going low, well some high...  Low sugar, high BP, low strength, high fatigue..

The sedatives pushed me to sleep, but the more it pushed, the more I resisted it.. It was as if everything was betraying me.. My sleep even...

I could feel the pulse in my head, it was pounding against my skull, a throb that made me wanna die..

There was not once before where I wished for darkness.. Every time I closed my eyes I expected the darkness to engulf me.. I waited for it.. But instead I saw her.. Her laugh. Her smile.. Her lips.. Her eyes.. Her words.. The future I saw with her... As if taking a big vengeance on me..

Then there was Dad's words that kept ringing through my head, as if it is the most played song on my iPod.. Repeating itself over and over again..

We have to forget her.. We have to..

...someone has been taking records of your phone calls of the last few weeks

So it will be better if you don't call her again..

Promise Ram, promise me on your Mom, on your uniform, and on her...

Yes dad... I.. I promise..

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and it brought me back to the world. I sat straight, studying myself up..

"Come in.." I shouted as I expected the nurse to come in and take a look at me. But instead someone else came in, stunning me.

The visitor stood by the door, refusing to enter the room.

Blood raged in me.. The sight of the person was making my hands tremble..

Without my volunteering, the words came out of my mouth..

"Why did you betray me? Why?? I saw you like a father then why? I know its you who did it.. Only you where there with me the day I planned to kill Gunaa.... Only you could have sabotaged my gun!" I almost yelled at him, and the heart monitor machine went wild.

Kharim bhai still stood at the door, his face guilt stricken.

  "Beta, I..." He started, but I cut him off..

"You better don't call me that, and feel lucky that thanks to you, I can barely move.. Once I'm up from this bed, trust me, I'm gonna put an end to your ally.. I'm gonna kill, I'm gonna punish him for everything that he did to me, for everything that he made me lose.." Speaking out the last part made my heart ache... My sister and my girl.. I lost them both..

  I took deep breaths to control my anger.. It hurt my stomach to yell at him, and I closed my eyes steadying my heart rate.

"Please just listen to me... Gunaa, he had my son, he threatened me using him.. All he asked me was to replace your gun with an unloaded one, and he would let him go.. I tried to tell you, but he had my phone tapped, I couldn't even call you.. And I had to do it.. My son.. He is all we have, I'm sorry.." He cried, his eyes covered with unshed tears. His hands were folded in front of him, head bent low.

I couldn't ignore it. Maybe what he said was true, it had to be. Ever since I joined the station, he has been loyal to me, like a father. If he had to do something like this, then it must be that Gunaa threatened him.

Something else reminded me again about my sister, how Gunaa had used my sister to disarm my Dad, to make him defeat.. The thought gave me shudders through my body.