66. She knows!!

I was watching him. I know it sounds creepy, but I was. Since last night, he seemed very interesting to me. I watched how he walked, how he moved, how he ate, how he breathed. It was as if I was beginning to have a crush on someone and I was stalking him. But I cannot be blamed. Someone as good looking has him would definitely have stalkers.

But it felt good to know him. It made me feel more close to him.

Currently he was helping Prabhu sir. Later after breakfast he had gone to the forest to help him with the woods. When they came back, Prabhu sir had a worn out trolley filler with logs and Cherry was holding some in his shoulder, while dragging a sack that had logs arranged on top of it. It was a sight.

Cherry's muscles were stretched, his forehead covered in sweat. There was dirt on his body, but he looked absolutely hot doing works like that. As soon as they reached, they kept the log on the ground, and began stretching their aching muscles. Bhabhi suddenly came with a pot of water and gave it to the men, who drank it without a pause, gulping the whole water down, wetting their neck and their collars.

I too came close to Cherry who was again trying desperately to avoid eye contact with me.

What is going on with him?

Why can't he at least pretend to be nice to me?

I glanced at Bhabhi who was talking to Prabhu. While talking she took her saree and began wiping his forehead and face with it. I turned to Cherry suddenly move his eyes away from me, making me assume that he was staring at me the whole time I was staring at the old couple.

"Do you want more water?" I asked slowly, feeling rather shy. The air around us felt too thick suddenly.

"No, I am fine, thank you." He said, rather too formally, as he made his way arround me to the washroom.

"Cherry.." I stopped him before he was too far from me.

He stopped and turned slowly, taking a lot of time. But as soon as he did, I walked towards him, and taking hold of one end of my duppatta, i raised it closer to his face only to be stopped by his confused, astonished look.

I looked at the older couple, drawing his attention to them. Bhabhi was still wiping Prabhu sir's face, busy talking.

"May I?" I asked his permission and he nodded tightly.

So i took the dupatta and started to press it against his face slowly, wiping off the sweat, moving towards his check. I glanced at his eyes, which were now piercing my face. It was clear that he couldn't confirm of I was being crazy or just pretending to be in love with him.

I stopped, my hands pausing at his cheek as we stood there awkwardly, the air feeling more heavy making me suffocate.

Suddenly his face grew tensed as he slowly took a step back and turned, heading to the small washroom. I stood there still, feeling hurt as I watched him walk away from me for the third time. But this time, my eyes watered.

Was this how he must have felt when I walked away from his a million times. Everything he did, his every move was bringing me back to the way I hurt him, making me blame myself. All I wanted was to say sorry and just hug him and cry.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Cherry's P.O.V

"What is going on? What is happening to me?" I whispered to myself as I leaned to the rock, the four walls of the washroom helping me hide from the world.

It was getting more and more hard to control with her acting suddenly so weird.

Suddenly it's all back to Cherry overnight. Just last night was she accusing me of taking advantage of her, and when I control myself she is suddenly making it difficult to control.