44. The pain!!!

Isn't Rithika fine, already? Why are they  so late...

I was getting impatient... I haven't seen her the whole night as I was sleeping madly, these meds must be heavily sedative..

I don't have my watch with me, nor my phone and Mom wouldn't tell me what time it was... And I didn't see anyone else the whole day other than Dad, Mom and that nurse.

I was seriously losing my patience here... I closed my eyes shut, squeezing out from this sleep... And once I was a bit stable, I reaches out my arm for the buzzer near my bed and called for the nurse.

Soon the same old nurse came inside the room, smiling cheekily.

"Please give me my phone..." I asked politely.. She seemed to be taken aback but still came to my side to answer..

"I'm sorry... But its with your father... You should ask him yourself.." Her smile was doing nothing to help my impatience.

"Then at least give me your phone..." I said, smiling cheekily myself..

"Sir.. But we can't use our phone during duty time.. And also you should be taking rest.." She said faking concern..

"Ahaaan... Come on... Just one call... No one is gonna know.. This could stay as our little secret... Hey its just a call... Come on..." I tried my best to convince... And after a lot of pressuring she agreed.

Soon she was out of the room to take her cell.. And I was finally relieved...

Within a few minutes she was back.. A shade of doubt clear in her features.. Hesitantly, she passed on the phone towards me, and I took it smiling vibrantly at her... Mouthing a small thank you...

As soon as I got the phone in my hand, I dialled her number... And pressed the phone to my ears.. The nurse was still looking at me, watching over my actions..

"So where are you from?" I asked her... Trying to ease her so she will help me more often..

"I'm from Chennai.. I got this job by my uncle help." She replied feeling happy as I waited for the phone to ring.

A full ring was over, but still no one took the call. I tried again... But still there was no answer! Was everything alright?

I tried again.... Oh Dhruvika... Pic up the call.. Please Jaan..

Beep. Beep. Beep.

No reply.

"So umm... Yeah.. What is your name?" I asked as I took the message icon and started to type..

Dhruvika.. What happened? How is Rithika, is she alright....

When are you coming... Come over soon..

And call me once you see this message.. This is me..

I send her 3 different messages... The message was sent but there was no reply..

"Sir? Sir?" Suddenly I was thrown out of my thoughts as I heard the nurse's voice call out for me..

"Uh.. Yeaah... I'm I'm sorry I just got... By the way.. What were saying?" I asked feeling uneasy.

"Sir.. I said my name was Sophie.." She said with her sly grin...