Part 14

"So here is the baby's head and here are the feet."The doctor pointed on the screen.

"Is it too soon to see if it's a boy or girl?"He tilted his head and looked closer.

"Well,the scan shows you are 3 months pregnant."Three months pregnant?I drank some wine at the wedding though.

"I didn't know I was three months doctor.I had a wedding while I was pregnant and I drank some wine."

"It's fine.The baby wasn't even considered a human at that time.Your baby is healthy so there is no need to worry.I can find out the gender after the test results come in from your urinary sample.For now,let's get Elizabeth's ultrasound done."I nodded and cleaned my belly.

Elizabeth lied down and lifted her shirt.

"It may be too early to tell his baby's gender,only because you are one month.But I can see what the results are from your urine too.We just upgraded the machine so it should come out.I'm going to go check that now while these photos print out."We both nodded and he left.

"Can you believe this?"She turned to me."I'm having my third kid.It's scary though."I giggled.

"I'm more happy than scared."She laughed.

"For now you are.Lemme tell you,Andrew has been an amazing father.He is so goofy.Ryder is gonna be just like him.Scar already has the sass of a teenager.She rolls her eyes and she gives the boys dirty looks all the time."I laughed.

"That's cute.Caleb was so excited when he saw the stick.He was screaming and crying.It was hilarious."She laughed.

"The results are back.Here are the ultrasounds.Elizabeth,you are having a baby boy."Lizzy covered her mouth.I hugged her."Alora,you are having a baby boy."I jumped up.

"Are you serious!?"She nodded."My husband is gonna be so happy!"

~

"What do you say we go to the mall?"Lizzy suggested.

"Sure.We can get some starter things."She nodded.

"I can give you some of Scar's newborn things."I nodded and took a left turn.

"Thanks.I know Caleb is going to be the happiest man alive."She smiled.

"I know Andrew is going to be worried.Now it's two girls he has to be overprotective about."I rolled my eyes and stopped at the red light.

"Don't worry,Ryder will step in with that."She nodded.My phone began to ring."Can you put it on speaker."She nodded.

"Hey babe."It was Caleb.

"Hey hun,how's work?"I pressed on the gas.

"It's good.I'm on lunch break.How was the doctors?"

"It was great actually.Lizzy and I decided to stop at the mall.Pick up a few things."

"Sounds cool.And by the way,my friend Jimmy just moved out of a four bedroom house down on Washington Ave.They just remolded it and he asked if I wanted to take a look at it."

"When does he want us to?"

"Later today.I said maybe around 3?"

"Sounds great.Do you need anything from the mall?"

"No thanks.Drive safe.I have to go.Love you."

"Love you to."She hung up the phone."We're here."I parked the car and we got out.

~

"Hey babe."Caleb kissed my forehead.I was sitting on the sofa eating a carrot and reading a baby book I bought.

On our own timeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara