1.11 Mother's Day

Start from the beginning

"Even though she was smaller, Demon Mia was stronger and faster than Demon Roland." Andy concluded from beside me.

"Demons will make whoever they possess have supernatural strength." I pointed out while rubbing my neck.

"That's right Max. How did you know that?" Felix asked impressed.

"I watched a few seasons of Supernatural." I told him honestly. "To be perfectly honest that was more so a guess than a statement."

"Well, The demon is definitely evolving." Andy stated.

"You never have good news, do you?" Sam says to Andy.

"Well, the good news is every time we defeat it, the demon takes a while to get its strength back." Felix continues.

"And How long is a while?" Sam questions worriedly.

"Not very long." Felix decided.

"I wonder how it will change next?" Andy wondered, I shook my head.

"I don't wanna know." Felix and I said in unison. Sam spins around and puts his hands out weirdly as he grinned. "Breakdancing." Sam suggested. We all chuckled.

"Where would Jake go?" Sam asks clueless.

"His Mums place obviously. It's Mothers day." I sassed.

"Anyone know where Bates lives?" Andy asks as we all stop walking. The cheering of a crowd draws our attention over to the finish line of the Bremin annual Mother's Day Fun Run. Which is a race type marathon thing that happens every year.

"Mum. Oh, man. This really sucks." Sam says moving slightly it see his Mum get congratulated by her family in this universe. I squeezed his shoulder in a poor effort to comfort him. The four of us watched as Sam's mum went and hugged Felix's mum whilst Andy's mum handed out sausages.

"Oh man, my Mum makes the best sausages." Sam told us in a daze.

"Not as good as my Mum." Andy argued, I took my hand off of Sam's shoulder and sat down on the rocks next to us.

"My Mum's are awful. But I eat them anyway." Felix told us.

"Does anyone have any money?" Andy asked. Sam felt around his pockets. "Oh, yeah. I've got some left over from skate busking." He handed out the change but froze when he turned to me and stared at his hand. "I don't have enough for all of us." I smiled softly and grabbed his arm lightly.

"It's alright I'm not hungry. Go see your mum." I reassured him. Truthfully I was really hungry but I could tell Sam wanted to talk to his mum.

"Are you sure Max?" Andy asks skeptically. I nod.

"Yeah go ahead I'll just wait here." I tell them waving my hand in the direction of their Mother's as I spread my legs out in front of me. They nodded and stood in line.

"Hello Max," I jumped slightly and looked up to my right and found my mum and dad with their arms looped through the others.

"Oh, Hi Rose. How are you doing?" I ask politely after clearing my throat and pulling my legs up so they're not in the way and my arms wrapped around my knees.

"I'm alright hun," she smiles widely a wave of guilt washes over me. "Oh this Tom, my husband. Tom this is that nice young girl who helped me at the store that I was telling you about while someone screened my calls." She finishes glaring slightly behind her at Charlie who I had just noticed was standing there playing on his phone. Charlie ignored her.

"Well Max thank you for helping out." I nodded and smiled. "It was really no big deal." He smiles widely.

"Honey, why don't you and Charlie go and get some food." My mum tells my dad as if she's hinting at something. He nods and him and Charlie walk away. Rose stays with me and fixes the light blue dress she's wearing before sitting down on the rock next to me.