Chapter 17

"Stay in the car violet" Paul says, opening the driver door.

"No, they might be back" I say getting off the car, I run to the house door.

"Violet" Paul says.

"Paul, please let me check, stay here" I say, he nods. I get out my keys and open the door quickly. I look inside the empty house, I turn to the living room.

"Violet?" I turn around to see Alice.

"Alice!, oh my god. I can't believe your here!" I say hugging her.

"I should be saying that to you" she says, I release her and look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask, I've been here the whole time.

"I had a vision you died, you jumped off a cliff then everything went dark, that's why I came to see if it was true" she says, now it adds up.

"I got pulled out of the water" I say.

"By who?" She says.

"By Paul Lahote" I say, she looks at me confused.

"I need to sit" she says, we walk to the couch.

"Paul Lahote?, that dog?! No wonder I couldn't see you" she says.

"Alice, I emailed all of y'all, you guys never answered me. Why?" I say.

"Carlisle thought it was best if we didn't interact with you, he said it will at least give Jasper a piece of mind that you were safe, and Jasper demanded us to stay away"she says.

"Doesn't make sense, wouldn't he be happy if you guys were with me?" I ask, she shakes her head.

"He doesn't trust himself violet, he needed time to collect himself and he told us if we would stay away from you it will be better for him and you" she says.

"Is he here?" I ask, more anxiously then never, but also I prepared myself for more disappointment.

"No, he hasn't talk to us. His somewhere is South America" and there goes again the disappointment I've been having for he past months.

"Alice I-" I got cut off by her.

"What is that awful smell" she says standing up.

"Violet" I see Paul Come into the living room. I stand up too.

"You. thanks to you and your pack of muts I couldn't see violet" Alice hisses. I better stop her before Paul losses his temper.

"Well thanks to your stupid brother, violet had suffered enough. So maybe you should go" Paul says.

"Stop before it gets worst" I say, more to Paul.

"Ill let y'all talk, I'll be outside waiting" Alice says.

"Alice you won't leave right?, like as in-leaving again forever" I say.

"No I'll be waiting, don't worry" she says and gives me that Alice smile, which gives me peace, she walks out the door and I turn my attention to Paul.

"I had to make sure you were safe" he says.

"Did you here screaming?" I say sarcastically.

"Violet, you can't trust them anymore" he says,

"And why not Paul?" I say walking away, but he grabs me and pulls me back towards him.

"Because they caused you pain, watching you suffer was awful violet" he says pulling me closer to him. He grabs my chin and makes me face him.