Right after I locked my room door, they started banging at my door.

"CHLOE! YOU OPEN THIS DOOR THIS INSTANT IF NOT-" I could not hear any of my father's words as I took in the sight in front of me.

My drawers were all overturned. Everything in my room is ripped apart and turned upside down. 

"No way..." I mutter to myself as I rushed to my bathroom, to see the crack up at the ceiling. My stash of money, kept for my life in college is taken.

On the mirror, a post-it note was stuck. 

"I found your money! I'm taking it for now.. Thanks, sis! 

-Love, Cole"

I felt my insides burning. Rage coursed throughout my whole body. THAT, was my everything. It was my only way of getting out of this hell. Now, it is all gone. Burnt into ashes. That jerk Cole, took it.. Every. single. penny. 

It didn't get any better as the pounding on my door continued. The hinges creaked and that trashy wooden door came crashing down, yet again.

"You dare to defy me?" my father shouted into my face as he yanked me up by my hair. I squinted at the very sight of him. I loathed his friends. And yet, I couldn't do anything. Nobody would believe me...

"I will show you who is the boss! You are sleeping outside in the woods tonight!" he shouted as his friends, cheered on being drunk. He pushed me out onto our lawn and slammed the door shut.

Getting back up on my feet, I got extremely frustrated. Tears began pouring out of my eyes. I wanted to get away from here. I had hopes but now everything is ruined

"I just want to get away from here!!" I finally screamed as I took off. My legs carrying me further, deeper and even deeper into the woods.

I jumped over the protruding tree roots, stepped on branches and fallen leaves. I don't know how long I've been running because everything looked the same.

Until the ground gave way beneath me. I gasped and screamed as I braced myself for impact. Covering my face with my arms, I rolled down the slope and came to a stop. 

I slowly opened my eyes and I was stunned by the beauty of this place. A small creek flows through this part of the woods. Under the moonlight, it glowed and shined. There was the faint sound of insects. Several fireflies flew past me.

Most importantly, beautiful purple flowers covered the entire floor of the forests. It looked so magical. My thoughts cleared and I stopped crying. I sat, leaning against a tree, careful not to step on any of the flowers.

Despite being in the middle of the night, this part of the forest shines bright. Everything can be seen by the naked eye. 

"It feels so relaxing here..." I mumbled before I closed my eyes to enjoy the sounds of nature.

***

I could hear the birds chirruping and the warm sun on my face. Did I fell asleep in the forest?

I sat up and stretched. Rubbing my aching back I opened my eyes and winced at the bright sunlight pouring into the forest. I got up and head to the creek to wash my face.

The cool water is so refreshing that I smiled. 

"Yeah, you look prettier when you smile.." I heard a voice from somewhere in the forest.

I was shocked as I thought I was alone. Turning around I tried to look for the origins of that voice. 

"I must be imagining things," I mutter to myself as I grinned and rubbed my temples.

"Imagining what?" 

There it is again! That voice! A small voice but high enough for me to listen.

"Who...where..are you?" I said getting a little bit freaked out.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself..." the little voice began.."I'm down here!" it said.

I glanced down and squinted my eyes, trying to see.

"Down here!"I hear him say.."By the flowers!!" he said.

And then I spot him. A tiny little boy, the size of my thumb, in the middle of the purple flower petals.

"Hi!! I'm Jimin!!" he waved at me with a bright smile, enthusiastically.

"Wha....what are you?" I said stunned as I fell on my back.

::posted on 16 Feb 2016::