A Little Fire . ~

" I don't know, angel. I don't know, but it's okay now. I promise that everything is okay now."

That's when I slapped him. Hard. 

I'm not sure what came over me, but as soon as I heard those words, I felt a surge of anger rush through my body. I was just so angry. Angry at him for saying that, angry at myself for allowing myself to get close to him again, and angry at the world for my situation. 

I laughed, a bitter, cold laugh. One that made Damion flinch. 

"Everything's okay?!" I started laughing again and wiped the tears from my eyes. 

"Ohh, you promise? Damn, Damion there goes another promise you can't fucking keep! Everything is not okay! Everything is really fucked up. A broken marriage with a cheating husband, a mentally unstable wife, and let's not forget this precious child who's going to be born into a broken family!" 

I snorted at him, "Yes, Damion, everything sounds just fucking dandy." 

"I-I" , as he stuttered through his words, I cut him off. 

"You're what? You're sorry? Yeah, I've heard that before, but you don't really mean it, do you? You just want to act like the remorseful husband now to make your ass look better, right? You don't really care! You don't care about me, about our marriage, you don't care about anything but your fucking self!" 

"No! That's not true! I love you, Annabella!" 

I laughed again. I laughed so hard I had to clutch my stomach as more tears poured out of my eyes. I applauded him.

"You know, your acting skills are truly amazing! Really, they are." 

"I'm not acting! Dammit Annabella, I do love you!"

I giggled, "Love? You really are silly, Damion. Don't you know? You're not supposed to destroy people you love." 

I saw the raw pain and hurt flash through his eyes. 

"Angel, I - "

"Can you drive me home now?" 

Before we left, I got Sarah's number, and I promised to call her soon. As soon as we got home, I went up to my room and locked the door. I'm not sure where all the bitterness and anger came from, but it was like I couldn't control myself. I hated myself for not hating him. 

Dammit, it was probably the mood swings kicking in. 

At around dinner after taking a much needed nap, I went down to the kitchen and cooked the both of us dinner. Like I said, I was angry and hurt, but I wasn't going to let him starve. I realized that Damion was in his office as I ate my dinner alone. I left his plate on the table and went up to my room to sleep some more. 

The next morning, I woke, threw up, and took a shower. I thought it'd be a good day to go out to the pack house and check on my members, play with the kids, and continue my job as Luna. I dressed in a floral summer dress with my cute, tan wedges, curled my hair into loose curls, and left without any contact with Damion. I was still angry at him for being an idiot and saying things were suddenly okay because they weren't. Things were no where near being okay. 

It was almost like those words snapped me back to reality. It was a slap to the face showing me that I was weak. I was being pathetic, and I was so damn tired of acting like things were just going to magically fix itself by crying myself to death. 

"Luna! We haven't seen you in forever!" a young girl, Hillary, yelled as she brought me into a hug after opening the door. I laughed as I hugged her back.