Win My Heart Back, Mate.

So, it's been a year since I last wrote, and I would like to think that my writing has improved. Right now, I'm in a really dark place, so I needed something to do, to inspire me. I hope you enjoy.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

" It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were all that you wanted to hear . " - Mac Miller

Thinking back to my college days when I first met Damion, my mate, I realize now that my parents were right.

Mates can bring the utmost joy to your life. They can make you feel things you never thought possible. In just that one moment, you knew. You knew that this was the person you'd love for the rest of your life.

Of course, I suppose that's why my parents told me this to bring my hopes up. Only to crush them. I can still hear their taunting laughs and mocking screams.

" Too bad, you'll never get to really experience that, right sweetie? I mean, who would ever want you? Mate or not? "

" You're a filthy whore. What wolf could possibly lay a hand on you? Let alone love you. "

Their damn laughs haunted me every day. Still being a growing child, I believed them. Every night, I dreaded meeting my mate.

That's until I met Damion. He proved those damn parents of mine wrong. He proved to me that I wasn't some filthy whore. I wasn't some disgusting creature nobody wanted to breathe the same air as.

No, I became a respected Luna. I treated my pack with the love and care I was never shown until Damion. In return, I was respected and dearly loved by my pack members.

That's until my world crumbled and burned.

Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I could've been a better mate, a better Luna, a better wife.

My parents were right then. Nobody could really love me. I guess that's why I couldn't really blame Damion for cheating on me. I was a filthy whore after all.

He doesn't know that I've known about his every unfaithful deed for the past year. That I silently cry myself to sleep every night, or that I collapse every time he has to 'work late'. I wasn't as naive or oblivious as he thought.

It's different now though. I can't let this go on. I have to be stronger, and I sure as hell need to stop acting like everything's alright. I was never one to run away from my problems. I refuse to run away from my pack and my people just because my heart has been torn apart by their very Alpha.

So as I sit in the living room, waiting for Damion to come home from 'working late', I rub my hand over my stomach. It was like a reminder as to why I was finally standing up to him, my baby. I needed to be strong for this pup.

I heard Damion's car pull up the driveway, and my heart broke even more as I thought about what I was doing. The door creaked open, and my breath caught as it always did when I saw Damion with his bright blue eyes and chocolate brown hair that I've ran my hands through thousands of times. That thought brought another ache to my chest knowing I'll never be able to do that again.

" Hey love, what are you doing up so late? " he asked as he started to walk towards me. I put my hand up to gesture for him not to move any further.

" April 28th, 2011, the day Damion Harris broke his wife's heart for the first time." I stated with the tears already starting to flow. His face fell.

"W-what are you t-talking about h-honey?" he stuttered through his words.

" You didn't think I would ever find out did you? It's quite alright. I understand, I never expected for you to actually love me the way that you said you did. I just- I hoped- " my voice broke off at the end as the tears flowed freely down my cheeks.

Damion stepped forward with a pained look on his face, and I took a step back.

" Please don't. " I whispered.

" I am so sor- " I cut him off.

" Don't. Don't you dare tell me you're 'sorry'. I think you've lied to me enough. You have no idea how much it hurts Damion. I think what hurt the most was that you couldn't even tell that your wife and mate wanted to kill herself, that she cried every single night for the past year. Don''t worry though hunny, you made damn sure that I knew I was a worthless piece of trash." I laughed bitterly.

"No! That's no- " I cut him off again.

" I'm pregnant. " I stated.

As soon as what I said processed in his head, he smiled the biggest smile I've seen on him in a long time. He took a step forward while opening his arms, and again, I took a step back. His smile faded, his arms dropped, and quite shocking to me, he had tears in his eyes.

" It's over. While you were out 'working late' , I talked to a lawyer. The divorce papers will take time to process though. Also, - " he cut me off this time.

" No! Don't say that! Please. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please, please, please. Just forgive me. Don't leave me, " he whispered as he fell to the floor, clutching his heart, and tears leaking from his eyes.

" I've already packed my belongings, and - "

" Annabella! Don't. Don't leave this pack too. Stay. Oh God, please just stay. "

" I won't be leaving the pack. I won't even be leaving the house. I have moved all my belongings to the room down the hall. I plan to stay here. Although just the sight of you makes my chest ache, you are still my father's child. I will not be selfish and take my pup's father away from him or her. " I stated almost robotically.

He launched his body towards me and hugged me around my waist while still being on his knees. Almost like he was still begging me on his knees, but I knew it was all an act.

" Oh thank you! Thank you , thank you, thank you so much! " he chanted over and over.

I gently grabbed his hands and pulled them away from me. I looked away as the tears started streaking my cheeks once again. I saw tears spring in his eyes again, and for a second, I thought he genuinely cared. What a good actor my husband was.

" Like I said Damion, it's over. You really don't have to pretend that you love me anymore. "

With that I walked away to my bedroom before he could reply. I couldn't even make it to my bed as I slid down my door, crying out my heart ache. Begging and pleading the pain would go away, darkness finally consumed me.