Chapter 6

I decided to post this chapter. The nest chapter after this will have the rest to follow until the end. I hope to have this finished in the next couple of days. Not sure how many more chapters there will be but I am sure I will be tired when I am down writing them.

~Ariel

______________________________________________________ =D =D

When I hear Gabby I freeze. I quickly get up and make sure everything is put away.

When I see everything is I look at Reece, "Ready to meet your daughter?"

Walking down the hall Reece says, "Do you think she will recognize me?"

I look at him from head to toe before saying, "Yeah you have not changed much."

"Hey that is not nice." He says pouting.

"I never said I was going to be nice during this relationship." I say running downstairs.

"Gabby." I say stopping while she jumps on me.

Twirling her around I see smiles on Lesley and Recce's faces. Recce walks over to Lesley and introduces himself.

I stop and have Gabby's back facing them.

Kneeling down I say, "I have someone for you to meet."

She looks at me with the same look Reece has when he is confused, "Who mommy?"

I spin her around so she is facing Reece. The look on her face is priceless.

"DADDY!" She yells before running to him.

I break into tears. He gives her a big hug when she jumps into his arms. Lesley walks up to me and hands me her bags.

"They look happy. You did a good thing." She whispers while rubbing my back.

I look at her, "Then why do I feel bad from keeping them apart for almost five years?"

"Honey you will but do not worry because you had to do what was right for Gabby at the time." She says before leaving.

I look at them and see Gabby is chatting up a storm. She can be hyper at times.

Walking over to them I say, "Why don't you take daddy to play with some of your toys while mommy goes and unpack her room. After we can go get something to eat if you're hungry." I say the last part looking up at Reece.

"Yeah I hungry." She says while dragging Reece up the stairs.

I laugh at the sight before following them up the stairs, "My room is right here okay Gabby?"

She looks from her room right across the hall and smiles before trying to put a plastic tiara on Recee's head. Laughing I grab my phone out of my back pocket and take a picture of him.

"You better delete that Destinee Ann." He says.

I pout, "But I wanted to set it as your display picture on my phone."

He walks over to me and brings my head up, "Fine but no one is to see it." He quickly gives me a peck on my lips before walking back into Gabby's room.

I cannot get the smile to leave my face while I am unpacking my room. I place my pillow on my chair so I have that out of the way then start on my bed. Once I get my bed down I put unpack the rest of my things. I feel that getting my bedding out of the way first was easier for me.

I am putting books into my nightstand when I hear, "Gabby says she is getting hungry."

While putting the last few books in the stand I say, "I am done."

"You know I would of thought you would have had some color in your room." Reece says looking around my room.

"I have some color. I have my rug, chair, pillows and the decoration on my bed frame." I say.

My walls are grey with white trim. I added a few things to give it color. I wanted most of the color and fun feel in Gabby's room.

I get off the floor and shut off my bedroom light, "Let's go get something to eat. Since someone spaced on breakfast I am really hungry."

"Gabby you want to put your toys away? Once you do we are going to leave to get something to eat." I say.

She puts her toys away faster than she ever has and runs to Reece who picks her up. Outside I see that Lesley has put her booster seat on the porch. We buckle her in on Reece's side since he was holding her. I am happy that they are getting along. You can see that they both already love each other.