Chapter 5

I made this a long as I could. On the side is a picture of the new character and the picture of the new characters bedroom. The song seemed to fit the chapter to me.

~Ariel

_________________________________________________________

I walk into the kitchen and see Reece drinking a cup of coffee while staring off into space. I guess I have to let him meet her one because she is coming today. Makenna's aunt had her for a few days while we moved down here.

"Reece?" I say but he did not notice or hear anything I said.

I walk up to him while putting my hand on his shoulder I say, "Reece?"

He jumps and looks over his shoulder. By the look in his eyes I can see he has been crying.

"Why? Why did you not tell me?" He says.

I am about to answer but my phone rings in my back pocket. I hold up one finger and look at the caller I.D.

When I see it is Makenna's aunt I answer, "Hey Lesley."

"Hey darling we will be at your new house in about an hour." She says.

"That is great. I am going to head there now so everything is ready. When you get here I will then take her with me when I go to the bakery." I say looking up at Reece to see he is confused.

"Okay darling I will let you go. We are about to get back onto the road. I had to stop for gas. Lesley says.

"Okay. Oh and someone else will be with me." I say keeping my eyes on Reece.

"Really who?" She asks.

"Her father." I say and watch Reece's eyes start to water again.

After saying our goodbyes Reece and I head to the house first so I can get everything unpacked. I think I will even let Reece help with her room if he wants. Since he is driving I dig into my bag and quickly find what I am looking for.

When we stop I look at Reece before getting out, "Here this is the most recent picture I have of her. And if you would like you can help me design her room."

I walk up to the door and look over my shoulder and see him wiping his eyes while looking at the picture. When he looks up I smile at him and open the door and start the unpacking.

About ten minutes later Reece walks into the house I have all the living room unpacked. We already have all our furniture already placed and al our boxes are in our rooms already.

"Hey." I say hesitantly.

He walks up to me and hugs me while saying, "Thank you."

When he releases me I ask while looking at him confused, "Thank you for what?"

"Letting me get to know her. I called my mom and dad while outside and told them..." He says and I cut him off.

"You told them about Gabriella?" I say scared.

He nods, "Yes but I did not know her name at the time. They want to meet her when everyone else does so they are meeting us at the bakery."

I sit on the bottom step of the stairs, "Are they mad that I left without telling you?" I say looking down at the floor.

"They were until I told them the reason why you left." He says.

Looking up I say, "What did you tell them?"

"I told them the truth. About how you caught me cheating on you because I got jealous that you were dancing with another guy." He says.

I can't help but laugh, "So how did your parents feel about that?"