part 33 - drowning

Enjoy this part and read the A/N at the bottom pls :)) 

Jade didn't know how she ended up sitting in the backseat with Jed's arm around her shoulder, she didn't know why the fuck Perrie was even taking videos of "Jaded" with Snapchat filters.

All she knew was that she wasn't supposed to be here. Perrie seemed so happy for her and Jed, and Jade was supposed to be happy by that, except she just felt...hollow. And bittersweet. Like she was almost sad of how easily Perrie let her go. She wanted to cry at how Perrie loved "Jaded" as a couple.

They went out for a dinner and a movie, with Perrie and their dancer Claudimar third-wheeling them. Jade might've considered to do something that would make Perrie jealous, but she knew the blonde too much to try any tricks. Perrie was a straight as a fucking ruler and that would never change.

Jade didn't have much of an appetite, on top of her insomnia pills and the antidepressants her counselor gave her, she only ate a quarter of the steak on her plate. The rest went straight into Jed's stomach. Perrie kept gushing about how cute "Jaded" were together, but all Jade could do was fall hopelessly into those blue eyes while Jed's calloused fingers stroked the back of her hand under the table.

It was so messed up.

"So, how long have you guys known each other?" Perrie's blue eyes flashed and Jade knew that the blonde was probably going into Interrogation Mode. Now that all the gushing and squealing was over, Perrie's protective side was coming to life.

"Um, we've been friends for a while now, actually," Jed coughed, suddenly awkward because of the fact that he hadn't officially asked Jade out yet, much less executed any sort of romantic action towards Jade, since they'd only went to Paris as friends.

Jade coughed awkwardly as well and stared out of the window. She felt like she'd taken too many sleeping pills last night, resulting in nausea. Topped off by one too many cocktails, she felt like she was going to throw up.

She was sure going to wash it all down with Diet coke later at the theatre.

"Friends? You guys aren't officially dating?" Perrie's eyes flashed with interest once again as she leaned forward, balancing her upper body weight on her elbows.

"W-Well, not yet," Jed coughed once again as he flashed his gaze at Jade, who studiously ignored him. She was sure that they were both blushing like ripe tomatoes under the candlelight - not romantic at all.

"Be sure to treat my Jadey like a queen," Perrie teased as she reached over the table to rest her hand on Jade's, not noticing how Jade's expression tightened or how her pupils dilated as Perrie brushed her fingers over the back of Jade's hand, almost teasingly without realising it.

Jade was drowning in Perrie. Her scent, her touch, her voice, her eyes.

Especially her eyes. The bluest Jade had ever seen. She could just fall into them forever. She loved how the light sparkled in Perrie's irises - it was just beautiful. Crystal blue, like glass-

"Jade? Jade? You ready to go?" Jed, Claudimar and Perrie had already stood up, and Jed was offering her parka to her. Gratefully, Jade took the article of clothing and quickly rose, attempting to get her arms through the right holes as soon as possible.

"I'll get the bill," Jed said hurriedly and trotted off to the front of the restaurant with Claudimar, who insisted on paying also, leaving a flustered Jade struggling with her coat in front of a slightly amused Perrie who instantly stepped forward to help Jade.

"What's up with you today?"

"Who, me?" Jade glanced behind her to see who else Perrie could've been talking to, then flushed pink when she realised she was acting like a dork.