Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Allison returned with Cassie and Kevin, who was muttering more crappy pick-up lines to Cassie as she rolled her eyes and fanned him away. 'Okay, what about...' Kevin paused to think then said 'You may fall from a mountain, you may fall from a tree, but the best way to fall, is to fall in love with me.' 

Cassie gaped at Kevin. 'Nope, that one was worse than the one about the toilet' and then walked ahead of him, secretly beaming. 'Okay, so what's going on?' She added, heaving herself up onto the bed.

I explained everything that Rose told me, then what we were going to do for her also what Allison mentioned about patient confidentiality. 'We're going to get her birth certificate to find out who her real parents are' Cassie and Kevin looked at each other then back at me with concerned looks on their faces. 'What?' I asked them.

'What the alternative, you know, in case we get caught?' Kevin implied, making the last word sound like the keyword of the day.

'Getting caught isn't going to an option-trust me' I assured them.

'I'm in,' Cassie blurted out, stepping forward. 'Rose seems like a nice girl, if I was her I'd want to know who my parents were'

Kevin sighed and said 'I'm in, even though I think this is insane'

We all came up with the idea that we'd go down to the ground floor, where the documentation room was. Kevin, Cassie and Allison would cause some sort of distraction so that Rose and I could go to the room, then I keep watch while Rose goes in. Rose seemed relieved at the idea, smiling right through the talk. 'Any questions?' I asked, shifting my gaze from Rose to all the others faces in the room.

'She's in here, isn't she?' Allison breathed, frantically looking around the room. 'I can feel her'

I arched my eyebrow. 'What?' I gasped, looking from Rose to Allison. 

'I saw her, yesterday, when Mom took you to the hospital, she was standing there with some guy' Allison spoke, nervously crossing her arms and chewing on her bottom lip. 'I spoke her, Dylan'

'You spoke to her?' I repeated, looking at Rose who slowly nodded. I didn't know what to make of it, If I could see Rose and Allison could see Rose, that meant that my parents might be able see spirits too. I dived deep into this theory then frowned, if my mother could see Rose, I'd probably be double grounded for having a girl in my room-with the door closed.

'Can we deal with this later, I have curfew' Kevin interrupted my thoughts in a polite tone. We all hurried out of the room and down to the ground floor, Paul and Eliza were at the main desk speaking with one of the nurses that I recognized as Rose's nurse.They looked deep in conversation so I made sure that I wasn't seen when we passed them, Rose seemed a little tense as we did so but relaxed a little when I smiled at her.

Allison, Cassie and Kevin departed from us to go cause a distraction. Rose and I rounded the corner to where the cleaner's closet was, we stopped in front of the door. 'You go in, and I'll keep watch' Rose nodded and smiled appriciatively at me. 'It's going to be alright Rose, just you watch'

'Thank you Dylan, seriously, I don't know what I'd do..' Rose stretched her arms out. 'I'm air hugging you' then wrapped them around her waist, I laughed and did the same thing. She beamed at me then went through the door. I sighed waiting, I slid down the door and sat down on the floor seeing as she'd probably be in there for a while.

A couple of minutes later, Allison and Cassie came walking down the corridor. 'She still in there?' Cassie asked, joining me on the ground. I nodded, letting my head fall back onto the wall. 'Kevin's creating a pretty good distraction that'll give us some extra time...'

'What is he doing?' I asked her, wondering if he's faking a fit or something because then if he got caught, he'd be in deep trouble.

'He's out there with a bible, preaching random sections-massive crowd' Allison told me sitting on the floor by the opposite wall. 

'We need a bible!' A voice coming from around the corner yelled. 'Without it, shit's gonna start to get fucked' There was a low reply of gasps and murmurs. The three of us burst out laughing, Kevin continued speaking. 'Look at the world, what have we done?' His voice started to turn into a wailing tone, which made us laugh even harder. 'Why can't we all just love each other, don't we have mothers anymore!?'

Rose stepped out of the room, her head hung low. I stood up, the smile falling right off of my face. 'Rose...what happened?' I asked, stepping towards her. Allison and Cassie stopped laughing and stood up.

Rose lifted her head, her face tear stained again. She opened her mouth to talk but it was cut-off by a chuckle, her head turned down the corridor to where Paul and Eliza stood. 'They're my real parents..'

DUN, DUN DUNNN

Hey there beautiful person!-Thanks for reading this, please comment, your opinion is appriciated, constructive criticism only please! <3

Daisie x