Chapter Five

--CHAPTER FIVE--

          Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It   affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.

                                                                            Dylan Kamp

 I must’ve been lying on the bed for a while with Rose, we weren’t even talking-just staring at each other. I didn’t even notice when the sun started to set, I didn’t want to get up, and I wanted to stay with Rose. I missed her when she was gone for the full week,  I didn’t have  a reason to smile when she wasn’t around-I had no idea why I was feeling this way about a girl I’d only known for a week and a couple of days but I was starting to like it-like her. Rose grinned at me and I grinned back, we kept on doing that-mirroring each other, I wanted to hold her hand. ‘You do realize that we haven’t said anything for two hours now?’ Rose questioned, smiling-that smile never left her face. I smirked and nodded to myself. ‘I kinda like it this way’ I commented, I lifted my hand to touch her cheek but I instantly dropped it, coming to my senses, I sat up and pressed my face in my hands.

‘What’s the matter, Dylan?’ Rose asked, sitting up too. ‘Did I do or say something wrong?’

I looked at her and shook my head. ‘No, it’s just weird-‘ Rose arched her eyebrow and her mouth twitched as if she was holding back a smile.

‘What’s so weird?’ Rose asked, shuffling over next to me but keeping her distance-she probably didn’t want me to get cold or anything.

‘You know, talking to a ghost…’ I muttered. ‘I thought ghosts were all pissed off and stuff, but you’re different’

Rose laughed, only if Kevin got to hear it, so then that way he wouldn’t be saying that Nikki Minaj’s voice is the sound of music because it isn’t-it really isn’t-Rose’s laughter is, it’s one of the most musical things I’ve ever heard. ‘I’m not dead, Dylan, I’m in a coma’ Rose stated after recovering from her heavy laughing fit.

‘I know…’ I began, crossing my legs and facing her. ‘I just wish there was a quicker way to bring you out of the coma’

‘I wish there was too’ Rose mumbled, fiddling with the ends of her hair strands. ‘It’s not as much fun being a spirit-nothing interesting-trust me’

I chuckled. ‘Being a spirit must mean that you miss school and if you miss school-you miss out on all the drama that people are going to start-I don’t think you’re missing out on anything valuable’ I laughed at what I said, expecting Rose to laugh along with me-she didn’t. I frowned and looked at her. ‘Rose?’

‘I miss everything, Dylan’ Rose sighed, standing up and strolling over to the book shelf. ‘I miss reading, the feel of the rough pages under my finger tips’ she paused and sat back on the bed to lie down. ‘Sleeping…I miss sleeping-and eating-talking to people…’

‘You’re talking to me…’ I added, interrupting. ‘You talk to me everyday, so you shouldn’t miss that-should you?’

‘I know, I miss talking to other people besides you’ Rose corrected, perching up on her knees and titling her head at me. ‘I miss having a girlie conversation or eavesdrop on daily gossip....’

‘Come to school then, and eavesdrop there-all you want’ I blurted out, trying not to sound so persistent.

Rose crawled over to me, the bed didn’t even shift when she moved, it was as if I was sitting on the bed on my own-I kinda was-I turned my whole body to face her, she stretched her hand out to touch me, I didn’t move. Rose used the tip of her finger tips to trace over my jaw line, and then she drifted to my chin, her face lit up in curiously when she touched my hair. I felt a little overwhelmed that she was so cold but I didn’t want her to stop. Rose placed her other hand on my right cheek and rested it there while her other one kept on tracing my face. ‘Your skin is so warm...’ Rose whispered to herself, probably thinking that I didn’t hear. Almost without thinking I leaned forward, biting my bottom lip, Rose’s eyes drifted down to meet mine. I continued to lean forward but Rose didn’t move, when I couldn’t lean forward anymore, Rose leaned forward too, matching her posture with mine.