Chapter Seventeen

Magsimula sa umpisa

My eyes widened in shock, I didn't know how to respond to that, all I could say was 'I...I'm sorry,' but I knew that it would never be enough, it could never stop Rose from feeling so upset and angry.

Rose slowly raised her head to look at me, a mixture of gratitude and confusion on her face. 'I don't know who my parents are, I don't know how to get back in my body, I don't know how to do anything!' she broke out in another sob, putting her head in her hands as her body shook with fits of cries. 'What am I going to do, Dylan, what if I'm stuck like this forever?' she added, looking back at me then putting her head in her hands again.

I chewed on my bottom lip, I didn't know what to do. I tapped my index finger to the side of my head, then suddenly came up with an idea. 'Were you born in this hospital?' I asked, breaking the silence. Rose looked at me questioningly then shrugged, I leaned back into my seat as I attempted to think some more.

'Why, what are you thinking about?' Rose arched her eyebrow at me suspiciously, a small smile on her face. 

'If you were born in this hospital, then we could ask for a print out of your birth certificate to see if your real parent's names are on it' I explained, coming up with the idea as I spoke.

Rose wiped her face and beamed at me. 'You'd really do that for me, Dylan..?' She looked surprised as the smile on her face grew larger-into a grin.

'Well, yeah..' I muttered, looking up at her.

'Woah, hold up,' Allison intervened, hopping off of the table. 'I don't mean to eavesdrop or anything but you do know that in order to retrieve Rose's birth certificate from the hospital, you have to be the next of kin...patient confidentiality-also they lock the door so people like you can't succeed with their stupid ideas'

The smile on Rose's face fell into a straight line, I frowned, I was enjoying watching Rose smile. 'Who said we're going to get it from the hospital?' I asked my sister with an incredulous tone, 'It seems that you don't know me at all...'

Allison frowned. 'For some reason, I'm willing to help' She added in a sigh. 'I took a random tour of the place, seeing as Mom will be working here soon-they keep all patient documents in a small room by the cleaner's closet, on the ground floor'

'I'll go in and look for my certificate...but I need someone to keep watch while I do  it' Rose suggested, nibbling on her bottom lip.

'I'll keep watch, I'll have to get Cassie and Kevin to cause some sort of distraction-Ally, you'll be in that too' I instructed, looking over at Allison.

'Wait a second, I'm not taking any physical part in this' Allison blurted out, waving her arms about. 'If you get caught, you're going to be grounded until you're sixty'

'I'm willing to take the risk, c'mon Allison, I need your help' I pleaded as I stood  up and casted my eyes over to Rose then back at her. 'Rose doesn't know who her parents are, what if that was us?-wouldn't you want to know about Mom and Dad?'

'Fine, I'll do it!' Allison scowled, crossing her arms. 'You owe me'

I nodded at her, clapping my hands in a confirming way. 'Could you go and get Cassie and Kevin?' I asked Allison who muttered something under her breath and left the room, I turned to Rose, smiling. 'I'm going to make it all better, I promise' I said to her, she smiled faintly at me.

'I know' She whispered, looking down at her hands. 'I just don't think I can handle the truth just yet'

'I'll help you' I told her, wishing I could put my hands on hers without falling right through her.