you are safe, you are loved and you are wise

CHAPTER 11:

YOU ARE SAFE, YOU ARE LOVED AND YOU ARE WISE

They are waiting for the nurse to come, Jane can see Lisbon fear in her eyes, she is the strongest women he ever met, but every woman is afraid of having a child, more if it is in this condition.

“Teresa, don’t be afraid, it will all be done in a couple of minutes, everything will be fine”

“I- I know” she answers

“I will go and check on the team, will you be fine while I’m gone?” Jane asks

“Jane, I’ve been my whole life without you, I think I can manage some minutes alone” she says smiling while Jane lay down to kiss her.

“I’ll be right back” he says and close the door behind him.

Jane walks through the corridors until he find the team sitting in some couches in the waiting room. He is strange that no one apart from the team is there or in the corridors.

“Hi guys”

“Hi Jane, or should we call you daddy?” Van Pelt jokes

“Very funny grace”

All the team starts laughing but suddenly all the lights turns off.

“OH NO” Cho says

“Hello!!!???” Van Pelt shouts trying to find someone who can fix the lights.

“Van Pelt, are you okay?” Rigby asks

“A little darkness does no harm” she answers

 “Guys this is not good, stay alarm” He orders.

“You think is reed john?” Cho wonder

“JANE!!!!!!!” a sharp cry runs through the corridor.

Jane runs as fast as he can trying to find  Lisbon’s room, find her before Red john does, there’s no light, he can’t follow her perception so he follows his instincts hoping they will take him  to Lisbon,  he checks about ten different rooms until he finds her.

“Jane? Jane is that you?” she asks scared

“I’m here Teresa, I’m here” he says holding her hand in the dark.

They hear gun shots, and fighting noises down the hall, they recognize most of them, Rigby, Cho and Van Pelt. One last scream and minutes of silence until someone opens the door. Only steps and Lisbon sobbing can be heard, Jane never stops holding her hand.

“So here we are my faithful friend and his dear Teresa Lisbon”

Jane hears Lisbon sobbing, he have never seen her so scared, he place his finger in her mouth

So she stays silent and squeezes her hand telling her he will not leave her alone no matter what happens.

“What do you want?” Jane asks

“OH, my dear Patrick Jane I thought you know me well to know what I want”

“You know we will not give you that”

“Then we have a little problem here, you got to choose, the baby, Teresa or you”

“You know my answer”

Lisbon squeezes hard Jane's hand, she knows he will pick himself, but he doesn’t understand how hard will be for her to lose him, right in front of her eyes.

“Teresa, you know there’s no another option, I will not let you die”

“Jane no, you promised me you will never leave me alone, that you will the day I die... what happened with that?” Jane couldn’t see her face but he felt she was crying.

“How magic is love? Unfortunately not every story has a happy ending, but Teresa don’t worry, you can stay with me if you want”

“You will not touch her, not even a hair,”

“(RJ laughs) well Jane, if we may proceed”

“Can you please at least give us a minute?”

“I think I own you that much, after all, I’m winning this game”

And they heard the door close

“Jane, no, no, no please Jane you can’t leave me!! You can’t leave us!!!” Lisbon beg

“Teresa, you now is the only way I can keep you both save, you know I will be always with you, (he place his hand in Lisbon heart) here... forever”

“NO Jane! There must be another way, don’t give up so easy.”

“There’s no other way, and you know it, I’ve came through the ashes because of you, I own you my life, and I will pay for it right now ( Jane is glad the lights are off so Lisbon don’t see him cry).. don’t cry my Angry Princess... you won’t be alone, you will be with our precious baby through thick and thin... and whenever you miss me, just drink a cup of tea and I’ll be right there for you, for both of you (he said touching her belly, he lays down so the baby can hear him)  you are safe, you are loves and you are wise... you will be nice with your mother okay? Will you promise me this? (the baby kicks), (hE strokes Lisbon hair)... no I’ve got to go, but promise be you will not let this take you down, you will be my Lisbon, the Lisbon I first met, you’ll keep your head high for me and for our baby... bye Teresa I love you... take care of our baby, I will miss you”

“WE LOVE YOU TOO” Lisbon says crying, she felt her baby kicking inside her.

She can feel how Jane gives one last kiss and walks through the door, at this same minute the lights turn on. Lisbon is sitting in the bed, crying, but she needs to stop, at least try to stop, she promise Jane that, the reason that she will be having her baby in a while make her smile.