hush

CHAPTER 6:

HUSH

Lisbon is sitting in the car feeling much better when she sees herself in the mirror; green face, untidy hair, and big purple bags under her eyes. She’s horrified that Jane is seeing her like this, so unprofessional.

“You know Teresa, there’s no need to hide your face from me. I already saw you throwing up, there’s nothing worse than that… And I don’t think you look SO bad.”

“Hush, I’ve already let you drive MY car, try not to provoke me.”

“AHA! The angry Lisbon is coming out!” Jane stops the car “Come on we’re home, let me come in and I can prepare you some fresh tea?”

They both go into Lisbon’s house; Jane goes to the kitchen and starts preparing some fresh, sweet chamomile tea. He picks two cups and takes them to the little dining table in the living room and sits beside Lisbon. An awkward silence is present.

Before Lisbon could say a word her stomach starts hurting badly.

“Ouch, ouch, what the hell is going on with this flu?” She complains, at the same time she presses her stomach; becoming a human ball.

Jane places his hands on her shoulders.

“Lisbon I think you should see a doctor.”

“Again with the doctor thing… It’s getting late, you should go home Jane... I will be fine.”

He picks up his jacket and walks towards the door; before Lisbon could open it he steals a kiss right on the lips.

“OH HUSH!” She says, hiding a smile. At the same time she pushes him out of the house and closes the door right in front of his face.

She goes to the bathroom and sits down on the toilet lid thinking about everything that had happened in the last month and a half, including today…  She realises everything and finds the answer to her feelings and thoughts... She knew her affair with Jane wasn’t right from the first moment they touched hands, but she continued kissing him like nothing happened; he has a tremendous love spell over her. The answer comes to her mind and she places her hands over her face. Tears start to fall... What the hell was she going to do? After all, he’s still married.

***CBI OFFICE***

“Boss, we have a case, it looks like Red John,” Cho announces.

“Details?” She asks Rigsby.

“Hanna Austin. A 37 year old woman, vet, single mother to a 3 year old kid, unknown father,” Rigsby answers.

“Any news from the family?”

“They are on a trip in New York; she stayed here because of work. She was in LA for the day when Red John got to her. The kid is staying at a friend’s house,” Van Pelt checks out on the computer.

“Okay... I will go and find Jane then go and pick up the baby. Van Pelt, check her phone records, see if Red John contacted her first. Rigsby and Cho, go and check the crime scene, maybe there’s something forensics missed.”

Lisbon walks up to the attic, she knows there’s something she must do first.

“Jane?”

Jane opens the door and lets her in.

“We have a case... Looks like Red John.”

“Name?” Jane asks.

“Hanna Austin. We need to go and pick up her baby but I need to speak to you first.”

“Your chit-chat can wait, Red John is Red John and we need to rescue the baby. I have a feeling he wanted the baby and that’s why he murdered her, something must have failed in his plan... But why the baby? What does it have to do with me?”

“Jane I-” but before she could finish the sentence Jane was already out of the room.

***CAR***

An awkward and uncomfortable silence was all over the car.

Lisbon was looking out the window with tears in her eyes.

“Lisbon, are you alright?”

“Just leave it Jane, it’s stupid.”

“Don’t cry my Lisbon, everything is going to be fine, let’s talk about this later ok?” He says at the same time he raises her head up and kisses her.