do you mind bringing me a towel?

CHAPTER 3:

The sun raises through the hospital windows. Lisbon doesn’t feel Jane beside her anymore. Was it all a dream? Why had she done that? Why had Jane hopped onto her bed just to cuddle her because of a nightmare?
She slightly opens her eyes, she can see Jane sleeping on the couch, it must have been a dream. Definitely.
The door opens and Robert comes in. He glances at them with a shifty look when they both startle at his presence.
“Teresa, you’re ready to go now, but you have to promise me you will take care of your sleep. This week you need to sleep for at least 10 hours every night so your head can recover perfectly. We cannot risk another incident. Can I count on you?”
“Count on me,” Jane answers before Lisbon even opens her mouth.
Lisbon gives him a doubtful look, what was his plan? Jane replies her glance with a huge, shiny smile.

.....

Lisbon didn’t have the courage to ask him about what happened last night in all their way to the car, or what specifically was his “plan”.

An awkward silence is all over the car. Jane can’t stop smiling when he looks at Lisbon. He knows what is all over her mind and that she doesn’t have the strength to ask him, she is too stubborn for that.
“Lisbon, is there anything you want to ask me?” Jane asks her smiling.
“No, not at all. Why? Is there anything you want to tell me?” She replies, hoping he’ll say yes.
But all Jane answers is a radiant smile; the one that Lisbon loves the most, and a soft pat on her shoulder.
They arrive at Lisbon’s home; her ankle still hurts so Jane helps her upstairs.
“Go and take a shower Lisbon. I will wait here watching some 'Criminal Minds' episodes. It’s funny to see how they take so long to solve a case compared to us, we are much better!” He says at the same time he lay down on Lisbon’s bed.
“Jane, it’s about 8 o’clock shouldn’t you go home?” Lisbon asks.
“I told the doctor to count on me, you’re not sleeping well, and you know it... Plus it’s boring to be alone in my house; we will have a nice week Lisbon!” Jane says cheerfully like a little kid.
“How do you know I’m not sleeping well? I don’t need a nanny; I can take care of myself,” Lisbon replies trying to prove if what happened last night was real.
“So you don’t remember about last night? You where shouting my...” Jane was talking between laughs, but before he could finish the sentence Lisbon shuts the bathroom door behind her.

Lisbon takes off her clothes and jumps as fast as she can into the shower. The hot water running on her cold body makes her feel relaxed and helps her analyze her feelings and thoughts inside her head. Jane is just a friend, her best friend, he will never see her in another way and she will have to deal with it whether she likes it or not.
She stretches her arm to reach the towel, but nothing is on the hanger, she looks around trying to find something to dry with, there is nothing.
“Ummmm, Jane?” She asks trying to sound calm
“Yes Lisbon?”
“Will you mind bringing me a towel?”
“So Teresa Lisbon, my stubborn boss and partner is asking me to enter the bathroom were she is naked to give her a towel? The team will love this,” he is approaching the bathroom and laughing, he’s about to open the door when Lisbon stops him.
“Wait! Close your eyes please!”
“Oh, c’mon Lisbon you really think I want to see you n-naked?”
“Could you please close your eyes?”
Lisbon opens the door just a few centimetres, quickly picks the towel from Jane’s hands and slams the door.
“You’re welcome Lisbon,” Jane says sarcastically.

Lisbon opens the door with the towel covering her body and walks to the bed to take out her pyjamas from under the pillow. A thought came to her mind.
“Jane? Where do you plan on sleeping?”
“I see you’re not gonna let me sleep in your big, warm, comfortable bed so I’m guessing the couch will be a nice place.”
She hands him some blankets, a featherbed and a pillow then she pushes him out of the room in order for her to get dressed.
“Ok, Jane there you are, good night,” and slams the door right in his face.