strong coffee

i do not own the mentalist or any of it, my national language is not english so have empathy :) enjoy and review anything you like 

 CHAPTER 1:

The day just finished. It’s about 8 o’clock and all Lisbon wants is a good, strong coffee before she goes to bed. She can’t wait to arrive home and get a good rest. She has a terrible headache, probably Jane’s fault; he drives her nuts and messes with her brain all day, every day.
The elevator doors are about to close, but a soft hand interpose them and hops in. Lisbon sighs tiredly when she sees Jane; she really wants to be alone...
“Hey! What’s with the bad mood?” Jane asks while the elevator goes down.
“I'm just a little bit tired. I can’t remember the last night when I slept well. But nothing serious,” Lisbon replies.
The elevator doors open and they walk quietly to the parking lot. Jane says goodbye to Lisbon but she does not reply. The headache is increasing fiercely. She is trying to find her car but her view is fuzzy, she can hear the loud poundings of her heart and she can’t move her legs; they’re not responding to her brain’s orders. She tries to walk but everything is turning black.
“Ja, Jane?” She asks, she needs help.
“I'm right here,” Jane answers, not knowing Lisbon can’t see where he is.
She can’t even talk now, all she can feel is her cold body falling back into the hard floor. But before she hits the ground, two warm hands pick her up from the shoulders.
“Whoaaaa watch out there!” Jane shouts at the same time he runs to hold Lisbon.
But Lisbon does not reply, not a single sound.

She can feel her body again, but where is she? Different voices and different sounds of things she cannot distinguish buzz all around her ears. She is too tired and too confused to open her eyes so she pretends she is sleeping instead of receiving thousands of questions of what happened to her, she knows the procedure.
Lisbon quietly hears everything that happens around her. She is in the hospital and the doctor just came to check her... But she can hear more steps behind the doctor, soft and elegant steps. She knows them, it’s Van pelt. She's sweet by coming to visit her, but why? Lisbon always treats her like dirt, she doesn't know why. Grace is a good girl and a good friend; maybe she is a little envious of her.
“Jane, Rigsby told me to try to convince you to go home and get some rest. You haven’t slept or eaten in about two days… Don’t worry; I will take care of her now. Nothing will happen, I promise,” Van pelt says in a lovely voice.
What?! Jane has been waiting for her to wake up all this time? Two days!? How much has she been sleeping? And why didn’t he go home?
She feels how the doctor checks her, her pulse, her fever, and her ankle; she might have broken it, it really hurts.
“Is she your girlfriend?” A smooth voice asks, it’s probably the doctor.
No one answers… Why is he taking so long? As far as Lisbon knows she is not his girlfriend.
“She is a good friend of mine,” Jane finally answers.
“Ahh that’s a shame, you look nice  as a couple… Go home man, you look tired. Take a rest and come back in the afternoon. I think she will be awake by then,” the doctor replies between laughs.
These words were a pain in the ass. Why didn’t Jane answer the doctor’s question? And she didn’t want him to leave. She was calm and relaxed with his presence, she slept well, that hadn't happened in a long time. She was thinking about this when two soft, hot lips touch her cheek..
“Bye Lisbon, see you this afternoon, I miss you,” he whispers in her ear.
Lisbon can hear Jane’s steps disappearing through the hospital corridor; her pulse is increasing, but why? It was only a goodbye kiss, she received one every day, why is she now reacting like this?
“You can open your eyes now, I know you’re awake. You can’t fool us,” the doctor says as Van Pelt laughs.