Chapter 9

A/N so this would be my first time writing smut . . . hopefully it's not terrible but a warning just in case. 

Pete's Story

I watch Alex take Jack to feed, as I have decided he is no longer worthy to be in my care. I should have looked after him better; I should have saved him earlier, not waiting and making plans.

Patrick noticed my sullen state and sighed. He put his hand on my shoulder and gave it a light squeeze in reassurance.

"None of this is your fault," I gave short bitter laugh. Yeah right, it is my fault. I could barely do anything. I get tied up and drag the entire coven in danger and Jack in danger; I even got Patrick in danger!

Patrick. I blamed him for everything, how can he forgive after I said on simple sorry. It's not enough.

Patrick gently lifted my head to face him; concern filled his face as he watched my eyes begin to water.

"It is, I didn't do anything to prevent this, I blamed you, I endangered your coven, I endangered Jack, I'm the reason why he became a vampire, It's all me, Patrick. Ronnie wants me dead and for that I am the cause of this pain," I cried and Patrick just said nothing, just letting me stand in stone, crying my eyes out, in front of everyone.

Patrick looked back to his coven and snarled at them, telling them to leave. They all quickly nodded and left, all except one. A vampire, with long wavy brown hair, he is wearing a black jacket with a white undershirt and black jeans.

He glared at me and then looked to Patrick.

"You should have killed the hunter," he says to Patrick bleakly. Patrick snarls at him.

"You wanted our covens to merge, William and you're more than welcome to split once more," Patrick hissed. William glared at Patrick and snarled in response.

"It's not as simple as you think; we're all stuck in this together now! All we can do is hope we get out of this alive. You really think that hunter is going to lie down and do nothing." he hissed. William is right, Ronnie would want revenge and he could be looking for us as we speak. Fuck, why didn't I think that!

"We'll handle the hunter but for now, I want you to leave," Patrick snarls and William storms off, heading underground.

Joe, Andy and Ray quickly followed after realising its best not to argue with Patrick.

"He's right," I started. "You should have killed me, Jack would be human still and none of this would happen," Patrick's eyes widen.

"Don't you dare say that again," Patrick growls at me.

"If anything it's my fault, I decided to let you live, I decided to care about you, I'm the one who put my own coven in danger, so if there is anyone to blame it's me," Patrick yells.

I let his words sink in and nod. Patrick wiped the tears away from my face.

"We're fools, aren't we?" I ask him and Patrick chuckles lightly.

"We are, aren't we," he muses giving me a small smile.

I grab Patrick by the waste and pull him closer to me. Patrick seemed to be caught off guard once again.

"Patrick," I whispered and he hummed in response. "That kiss earlier . . ." Patrick shushed me and put his lips to mine. It was slow, drawn out, as if it's our last. I know Patrick is treading carefully, unsure if this is the right thing to do. I take it one step further and swipe my tongue across his lips, asking for entrance. Patrick complies and opens his mouth, letting my tongue explore. Patrick moans in approval. This lasted for a few minutes before I have to pull back for air. Patrick leans in, licking the shell of my ear.