Prologue

It's sad to watch a hunter run from its prey. A creature who stalks us in the night, will resort to fleeing, all when it becomes too much.

The vampire squirmed and snarled beneath the net, furious of his capture. How shameful.

Small volts electricity flows through this net, keeping the creature at bay. Any sudden movement he makes, we'll turn up the voltage, sending him into shock.

"Do we have a file of him?" I asked my colleagues and everyone stayed silent. This caught my interest. "Jack!" I shouted.

He jumped at the sound of his name and hesitantly spoke up.

"There's no record of him, sir," he answered

"Newly turned?" I enquired further and he shook his head. "How?"

Jack took a deep breath and handed a photo to me.

The vampire snarled at me once more, obviously protective of his belongings.

I studied the photo. It was an old and a bit tattered. The back had nineteen twenty written on the back. Turning the photo around, I was welcomed a black and white photo to see him and another vampire next to him. A very attractive vampire. A devilish smirk graced his lips as he posed for the photo, dressed fashionably in a fine tailored suit with fedora carefully placed upon his head..

I looked down at the vampire in the net, glaring at me viciously.

"What is your name?" I questioned him. As I suspected I received no answer. I sighed. Looks like I have to do this the hard way. "Turn up the voltage," I commanded.

The vampire screeched in pain as the bolts of electricity course through his undead body. I put my hand up, signalling to turn the current down and let the vampire regain composure. "Let's try this again. What is your name?" I asked him.

The vampire took a few deep breathes.

"Alexander Gaskarth," he panted.

I smiled to my small victory.

"Age?"

"Two hundred and fifty years old," he answered again, still panting.

Interesting.

"Now, who is the vampire with you in the photo?" I enquired.

Alexander glared at me and kept his mouth shut.

I knew he would do this. "Jack!" I yelled.

"Yes sir!" he answered, quickly running to my side.

"Take him to headquarters and lock him up. Tell the . . . special unit we want information out of him but do not kill him." I commanded and Jack nodded quickly.

This is going to be a long month.