"Mom, this is Angel. She is literally my Guardian Angel." Scott said with a little laugh. "She um needs a place to stay." Scott's mom looked a bit shocked but quickly recovered.

"Well she will be protecting you so she can stay here." She said to Scott then looked over at me. "Thank you for protecting my son." I nodded and Scott sat down at the table and motioned for me to sit too. I took a seat and watched Scott's mom struggle. "So do you have special powers or teeth or something?"

"Something like that." I said with a little laugh making Scott smile. "I have wings and special powers. I'm also good with a bow and arrow." Scott's mom chuckled.

"You sound like cupid." She laughed then let out a frustrated groan.

"Do you need some help?" I asked standing up and walking over to her. She looked over at me with pleading eyes.

"Please. I'm very busy so I don't get enough practice in the kitchen." Scott's mom said stepping back and leaning against the counter. I began to make some chicken easily. Scott's mom watched me with amazement as I cooked. After about a half an hour I had 3 chicken breasts done and on the table. "Wow. you are the perfect guest. Stay as long as you like." She said before digging in, Scott laughed and began eating too. "Oh my God. This is amazing."

"This is really really good, Angel." Scott said sounding shocked. I laughed and took a bite.

"I used to make this all the time." I said remembering when I used to make it for my younger siblings.

"So what was your life like before you got locked up?" Ms. McCall asked. I sighed thinking where to start.

"Well, I wasn't exactly always like this." I started. "I used to be a normal girl kinda up until I was 10. I had two siblings, Alice who was younger then me by 2 years and Jackson who was older then me by 3 years, I used to take care of them a lot cause our parents weren't the best and did drugs and drank a lot. My siblings never understood why or what was going on cause they were two years younger than me. One day when I came home my mom was gone and only my dad was home and he was drunk. I had asked him where mom was he just kept yelling and saying it was mine and my siblings fault. I was confused and walked over to the living room where my siblings were huddled." A tear slipped out of my eye as I thought of the memory. "He yelled at them to clean the house even though it was already clean from us cleaning before he got home. Alice walked up to him saying 'Daddy why are you mad?' He grabbed her by her pony tail and yelled at her saying he was mad cause we were all mistakes. I ran over to them pushing him off Alice. He started screaming and breaking things and I just silently followed behind him cleaning everything he messed. He turned to me and began yelling at me and he-" I took a deep breath. "He began hitting me. Jackson ran over to me being older and wanting to protect his little sister. He began hitting our dad to defend me. He was 13 at the time. That's when dad shoved him to the ground. I ran over to him and helped him up and took him over to Alice. We stood over there in the corner. My dad took a bottle drinking the remains. I knew he was going to throw it. He was gonna hit Alice. She was only 8. I of course thought of the first thing I could and jumped in front of her getting hit by the glass bottle myself. Jackson had run into the kitchen to call 911 seeing as I was in pretty bad shape but I was still trying to defend my little sister the best I could. By the time the police got there I had blacked out. The next thing I remember was waking up in the hospital with my best friend and her parents and my siblings sitting around me. They all had looked so sad but like they've seen a ghost. When the doctor walked in he dropped his clip board. When I asked what was wrong he had told me that I had died." Scott and his mom looked broken.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that." Ms. McCall said putting her hand on mine. I gave her a small smile.

"After all that I grew wings." I said with a small smile. "I had moved in with my best friend Talia and my siblings moved in with my aunt. My best friends parents weren't just normal people. They were druids like Deaton. They saw my wings and trained me. They helped me find a girl named Kaitlin who was supposed to be my mentor. She told me I had to find someone. The one I was supposed to protect. The reason I am the way I am is because I died defending someone. I died putting someone else's life before mine." They looked amazed.

"I'm happy you are here now." Scott said. "We are your family now." I smiled at them. I stood up and took their empty plates into the kitchen and put them in the sink. When I walked back in I found Scott and his mom whispering. They stopped and looked at me. Ms. McCall patted the seat next to her signaling for me to sit down. I obeyed and she looked at Scott then to me.

"We want you to move in." Ms. McCall said my eyes widened.

"I can't do that. I can't burden you." I said shaking my head.

"No, no, hun. Its not a burden. We love you." She said smiling at me. I smiled at her.

"Only if you accept rent." I said she frowned. "Please. Let me help out." I said she thought for a bit then nodded.

"Fine. Welcome to the family, Angel." Ms. McCall said pulling me into a hug. Scott smiled at me while I hugged his mom. I mouthed a thank you to him and ha shrugged and gave me a big hug once his mom let me go.

"I'm always here for you. I know you are supposed to protect me but I'm going to protect you too. We will protect each other." He whispered in my ear. I smiled. I have a family that loves me now.