Chapter 28 Into Action

Začít od začátku

The tips of the trees beyond the river are starting to be covered in the bright orange rays of the sunrise. I look back at the tree line that leads into the meadow. I see all the pack members start to emerge. Like me, they're also still in human form. I run to the left side of the river along with the rest of Omega group, while Alpha group led by Elliot heads towards the right side of the river, both groups stop at the river bank.

I look around at most of my pack members that have gathered at the water's edge and see that most of them have the same fanny pack as I do, I then look towards my Uncle. "Are you ready for this?"

"Little Sophie, I was born to be ready."

"Sophie, give Alpha Ace a butt whooping for me," says Elliot, standing a few heads away from me.

"I will," I mouth, smiling at him.

"Alright now, is everybody ready?" I ask all my pack members. They all give me a nod. "Alright. I'm going to mind link Chris. Now for this to work, I need absolute silence."

"Chris, we're at the river bank. Are we clear?"

"We're clear, Sophie. Not a wolf in sight. Let's see how long that lasts," Chris replies, chuckling to himself slightly.

"Can you give us a countdown until stage one can begin?"

"Okay. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five."

As he counts down, snapshots of my past memories with Luka flash past in my mind. Me, jumping over Luka in a protective stance on the day I met him. Luka and I having our first kiss.

Seeing that makes my heart skip a beat or two, Then in a flash, they're gone.

"Three. Two. One. Go!"

I turn the pack mind link back on. "Alpha group, go, go, go!" I yell. I watch as the group shifts into wolves as they charge across the river, and to the right of the trees. "Alright. Everybody else, wait for the signal," I link the others who are still waiting.

In less than a few seconds we hear it, a long, high pitch howl from the trees beyond. To Ace it's an alert alarm, but for us it means that Alpha group has been spotted and it's now time to make our next move. "Okay, are you guys ready?"

"We're ready," the six of them all reply in sync.

"Then come on, let's go," I say, as my little group and I head across the river. My newly transformed paws hit the cool water as we charge across.

Hang tight Luka. We're coming for you.

***

We come across a slight opening in the trees. I look down and see the Alpha group and the Ruby Stone wolves dueling fiercely on a nearby hill.

You're doing great, guys. Just don't get cocky.

We come around to the end of the trees and I can see that we're at the back of the torture house, I then see that there are two wolves standing on watch.

How are we going to get past those guards?

Out of the corner of my eye I see Dave shift back. He then quietly unbuckles his fanny pack, and then tosses it as far away as he can in the opposite direction. "Tony, Dale, go check it out," someone growls deeply. The wolves in the back take off towards the sound the fanny pack made as it hit the ground.

I turn back towards Dave, "Nice work."

We sneak out of the trees. We're now directly around back of the torture house. If we slip up now, we're all dead meat.

"Okay. Uncle, Keith and Cody, you guys are on lookout. Twilight, Dave, you guys are free to join Alpha group," I link to them. They nod before quietly running off.

I walk over to the back wall of the torture house. I get on my hind legs and scratch on it a few times, then I get back down on all fours and wait.

"What's wrong, Ernie?" Asks Chris.

"Oh, nothing, Chris. It's just I thought I heard something round the back," replies the wolf called Ernie.

"Well maybe, you should go and check it out."

"Okay, Chris, guess I will. Be back in a second," Ernie says.

Oh no, you won't.

As Ernie comes around the back I growl. Before he knows what's going on, I overpower him and snap his neck with my powerful jaws. "Nice moves," I hear Chris grumble as he peeks his head around the side of the building. His grumble is muffled by something in his mouth, but I'm not sure what it is.

"Thanks" I say. When we are at the front of the house Chris opens his mouth, and drops something at my feet. I look down. A pair of white cotton gloves.

"What are these for?" I ask him as I shift back into my human form.

"You'll need those to get Luka out of those cuffs," Chris explains.

"Oh" I say, remembering that Luka is bounded by silver cuffs. I bend down and put them on. "Alright, Keith and Cody, you stay around the back and wait for us," I say looking back towards them.

I walk over to the iron door. Just before I grab the handle, I stop and take a deep breath.

Just be alive. Just be alive.

I slowly open the door and step inside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger just before valentines day, so what do you guys think?

What do you guys think Sophie will fine inside?

And to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys