Chapter 17 Gummy-bears and Yip-nip

Previously, on His alpha her omega

"Oh, this is Keith and Cody Grim, and they'll be working here for a while along with Elliot Deleon Vizzuno," I reply, pointing back to the three boys standing behind me.

"Of course you can. Come on in." Debby opens the door wider and we all step inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the boys enter the corridor, Debby pulls me aside. "You're here for something else, right?

"Well, your senses are not lying," I reply. "My mate spent part of his childhood here, and I would like to see if I can find his records here so that I can find out as much about him, if I can, please."

"Heather, Heather!" She calls out as we walk into the living room/receptionist area. "Ma'am," a voice responds as a young lady with long straight brown hair, silver eyes, and a ruddy complexion walks into the room. Cody's dark brown eyes go wide.

"I found her," he says as he strides across the room to the girl called Heather. "Hi. I'm Cody Grim, and it's very nice to meet you," Cody says to Heather.

"I'm Heather Steal, and it's very nice to meet you as well." She holds her hand out and Cody shakes it.

"Heather. Why don't you take your new mate, Keith, and Elliot to get ready for work, while I'm tending to the Alpha?" Debby says to Heather.

"Can do. Come on boys, let's go," she says, motioning the three boys to follow her down a long hallway. A few seconds later, I hear Keith ask, "So do you have a sister?" followed by an "Ouch", meaning Cody must've slapped him on the head, hard. I smile a little.

"Alpha, over here," Debby calls to me sitting down at her desk. I walk over, motioning Luka to follow me, and like always, he does.

"Debby, just before you start I just want to let you know, we don't know his last name, we only know his first, is that okay?" I ask her as the two of us walk over to her desk.

"That's okay, Alpha, we only go by first names here anyway." She pauses for a second to type on her computer. "Alright, what's his name?" She asks.

"It's Luka," Luka says. Debbie's face turns as white as a sheet.

She gasps. "What did you just say?" Debby asks with the look of both shock and amazement clearly written on her face.

"His name is Luka. I don't know anything else about him," I reply.

"I..." She pauses to take in a shallow breath. "We need to go to my office. We can talk there, and I'll explain everything," Debby says calmly, getting up from her leather office chair.

This is either really good or really bad. Debby only pulls me to her office when she wants to talk to me about one of the kids, good or bad, but it's almost always bad. I turn towards Luka. "Did you do something wrong while you were here?" I ask, slightly arching one of my eyebrows.

Luka turns his head towards me. "Not that I know of," he replies in a whisper, sounding a bit worried.

Debby leads us down the long, dimly lit hallway just to the left of her desk, instead of to the right, were Elliot, Keith, Cody, and Heather went. A long silence takes hold of us as we continue to walk down the hallway. It's then that I notice something strange. Every few seconds Debby looks over her shoulder towards Luka, like she's scared that he's going to disappear any second. When we're down far enough, she unlocks the office door and we all step in.