Chapter 30 Assurance, Trust, and Breaking away

A/N Hi guy's this chapter is going to be a little change of pace for us. Instead of this Chapter being told in Luka's or Sophie point of view it's going to be told mostly in Cody's, but I'm not sure how i'm going to do but we hope you enjoy the chapter anyway.    

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously, on His Alpha Her Omega 

"Understood, Alpha. Don't worry Sophie, we'll take care of him," Keith says.

I then look down towards Luka, "Alright Luka. Stay safe, and I'll see you again soon," I say softly as I plant a kiss in between his eyes.

I shift. "Chris, Uncle Liam, let's finish this battle."

Just before we run off to join the fight, I turn back towards Luka.

"Take good care, my love."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cody's P.O.V.

I try to move quietly, but the leaf litter on the ground is so brittle and crumbly that it's pretty much impossible. I'm also carrying the future Alpha in my arms, and from the amount of injuries that I can see on his body, every step I take could put him in more pain, the last thing I want to do.

My big brother and I just came back into the woods surrounding the torture house. Alpha Luka is still laying close to my chest. I can feel his body shaking all the way through my arms, I don't think it's from pain, though. I think it's from fear. Well, why wouldn't it be right? I mean my brother and I have put him through hell the past few years, but that should be water under the bridge by now.

"Or, maybe we could take him all the way to Blood Stone Canyon and leave him there." Keith is just a few feet behind me. I tune him out and concentrate on moving as silently as possible.

I wish there was a way for me to tell him how sorry we are. Well, at least I'm sorry for what I did. I don't know about Keith, but I do wish there was an easy way to tell him that we didn't mean to do any of the things we did.

Suddenly, Luka's eyes open and he looks at me. His face turns to a pale shade of green. Something he heard Keith say must have made his stomach start to churn.

I turn around to face my brother. "Do you mind?"

Keith gives me a puzzled look. "Cody, what's with you? We have the runt. Let's get rid of him so that you can come back home."

I then give my brother a firm, questioning look. "Is this why they sent you to go out with me on this task, because they thought you could convince me into coming back home?"

My brother then shakes his head slightly and gives me an honest look, "No, not at all, they just thought..." I cut him off, my face slightly angered.

"They thought what, Keith? That after a few days, I would get homesick and come crawling back? I left on my own free will, and that's something I haven't had in years. I left because I didn't want them controlling me, and I also wanted to do the right thing, which was to help Luka get out of a mess they started."

"Why are you acting like this towards me? I'm your big brother, why don't you dump the runt somewhere far away? Then everything will be over."

"No," I say firmly. "I accept him as my Alpha. I will defend him until our last breaths to protect him, and if you want to challenge that, we can fight this out right now."