(NOT ROMANTIC!) Underswap Sans and Papyrus X Child!Reader

Start from the beginning

"I..I..." I stuttered and felt my blanket of saddens break as a million tears spilled out of my eyes. I wailed like the child I was and put my hands up to my eyes in order to wipe off my tears.

The monster was stunned silent, and to my surprise tried to calm me down. "H-hey now kiddo, what's the matter?" Asked the monster. It came out into the light, so I got a clear picture of its face. It was a tall, laid back skeleton in a hoodie. It looked to be male, and a cigarette was in his mouth.

I didn't care if it was a skeleton. I cried and cried and cried. "My momma *sniff* and daddy *sniff* and friends, they're all *sniff* gone!!" I choked out through my tears. The skeleton was very tall, and I was still a kid, so he had to crouch in order to reach my heigh.

He ruffled my hair a bit and gave me a heartwarming smile, handing me a tissue he had gotten from his pocket. I took it and blew my nose into it. I felt a lot better after that.

"Hey now, your okay...your okay...look, I know your parents and friends may be distant right now, but I promise you'll see them again. Papyrus here will take care of you in the meantime, okay?" The skeleton said. "P..Papyrus...?" I asked and he nodded.

Papyrus...the words felt funny on my tongue. I started to giggle a bit at the funny name. "P...Papyrus..! Can...can I call you Papy...?" I asked eagerly and sniffed. He seemed unsure, so I began to frown.

That changed his mind and he shrugged. "Alright alright, whatever floats your boat. Hey, I know a guy who could (hopefully) cheer you up. Wanna see?" He asked playfully. I nodded.

"Yeah...thank you Papyrus." I said and gave him a big smile. If I knew all monsters were this nice, I wouldn't have run away. With this new information about monsters being gained, I happily skipped through town with Papyrus and happily waved to all of them.

"Hi! Hi!" I chirped happily. They all waved back, some going as far to smile. Papyrus beamed at how happy I seemed to be compared to when he first met me. "Hey kiddo, do you want to try something cool?" Papyrus asked and smirked at me.

I nodded happily, interested in what he had to offer. "Reach your hands up." He said and I did as I was told, raining my arms high in the air. I felt a sudden warmth wrap around me and looked at my hands to spot an orange glow erupting from around me.

"Woooah..." I gasped in amazement. I felt my body get raised up and soon enough my feet were floating off the ground. I laughed happily and saw one of Papyrus's eyes glow up and he raised a finger slowly. I assumed he was using magic to lift me off my feet, but I was old enough to know magic wasn't real.

Yet, after seeing that, my whole world was flipped back into a world of fantasy. Suddenly, this new world seem a lot less scary and a lot less cruel. Instead, it seemed to me that this world was full of surprises.

Soon I was raised a little farther up the ground and I could wiggle around freely. Papyrus made me fly right next to him as we walked, and I was having the best time. It felt just like I imagined flying would feel. Though, the wind wasn't blowing in my face, it still worked.

I was laughing, tossing, and turning, but soon I felt my fun flying adventure halt to a stop. It was like that feeling when your at a fun ride, and are having so much fun that you wish the ride wouldn't have to stop. And then it felt like when the ride did stop.

"Awww..." I wined and felt my feet touch the snow again. "Sorry kiddo, we can fly around more later." He reassured. I turned my attention towards the house in front of us. "Is this your house?" I asked and tilted my head to the side slightly. "Looks cozy." Papyrus nodded and opened the door.

Inside the cozy little house sat another skeleton, only this one was about my height with me being a bit shorter. He wore gloves and an upbeat, adventurous outfit. He looked towards the door and was surprised when he spotted me.