"Thank you!" I managed before she shut the door. I looked at the beautiful dress and started squeezing myself into it. I may have been shorter than Christine, but I was definitely curvier, so the dress was a little tighter on my physique. After struggling for a good five minutes as the combination of being drunk and the dress being tight made it difficult, I looked in the mirror. My eyes widened. Christine had been right. My chest size and the low cut top combined made my cleavage very prominent and distracting. After deciding if I liked the exposure or not, I made my way for the door, but froze when I heard familiar voices.

Christine and Greg were talking outside the door.

Was this Fiore's plan? I didn't want to know. But I also didn't want to interrupt whatever was happening out there. I let myself fall onto the bed and felt myself start to drift off.

Greg

Chad was starting to worry as to where Katie had gone off to with Christine. I told him I had seen them disappear up the stairs so I went to head up. This had to have been what Fiore had meant by an opportunity. She was such a schemer...

I went down the hall that Christine and I used to stay in whenever we were here late, and froze as I witnessed Christine coming out of a room and closing the door behind her. "Chris," I said, moving slowly in her direction. She jumped as she turned in my direction and her eyes widened before she recovered, murmuring a quiet hello.

"What are you doing up here?" She asked.

"Chad had me helping him find Katie." I replied. "Have you seen her? She's pretty drunk." I joked, trying to make light conversation.

"Oh, yes I realized." She giggled, leaning against the doorframe. "Poor thing spilled beer all over her dress. I brought her up here to change into something of mine."

"That was very sweet of you. I'm sure both she and Chad will appreciate it." She nodded and cleared her throat.

"Eliza seems nice." She finally said, cautiously meeting my gaze. I smiled in reply with a nod.

"She is. Her and Katie are best friends so it seems like Chad and I will be going on quite a few double dates."

"We could do triple dates too." She said quickly. I noticed by her expression she regretted saying it as quickly as she had mentioned it. But she had said it, and I planned on banking in on that idea.

"That would be amazing. I'm sure it would make both Katie and Eliza feel more welcome into the group that way." I smiled a bright smile and she returned it with a half-smile, more nervous than excited. "Micah seems like a great guy too. Ian and Chad said he's fun to hang out with. You seem happy." I probed, and she shrugged.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She avoided my eyes, and I think she was asking more for herself than me.

"Well, that's all I ever want for you." At my words, her expression turned from unsure, to angry.

"Really? Was leaving us all your way of ensuring my happiness?" She snapped, still not meeting my gaze with her fiery expression, her fists clenched at her sides.

"Christine, you know that hurting you was never my intention. I admit now that what I did was stupid and impulsive. I see now I should've just tried to drag you there with me." I looked down, my hands in my pockets as I leaned against the doorframe across from her. When I looked back up she was watching me with glossy eyes and trembling lips, her fists still clenched. I fought the urge to move toward her and take her in my arms. I knew this wasn't the right time. She wouldn't accept that kind of affection from me, not right now. "I did something stupid. But it's already done. I can't change what I did, Chris. I can only apologize for what it did to the people I love."

I cleared my throat in the thick silence. "I'll let Chad know where Katie is. She's probably passed out in there." I said, my voice gravelly as I tried to fight the urge to beg her to take me back.

"Greg," I heard her voice behind me and I turned to see what was wrong. She looked like she was about to say something, but stopped herself. "I-...I understand...why you did what you did. And I forgive you." She finally said slowly.

I moved back toward her and pulled her against me into a tight embrace, shocking her.

Christine

I stiffened as Greg wrapped his arms around me, but I melted into it easily. Everything I remembered about him was the same. Same cologne, same bristly beard against my cheek. He held me tight and I relished every moment of it, not realizing just how much I'd missed his touch. I felt him begin to pull away too soon and I took a deep breath, inhaling his scent before it was lost to me. It belonged to someone else now. He pulled back just enough for us to look at one another. "Thank you, Chris."

There was a moment. A short moment where our lips parted and we moved toward one another. But Greg pulled back, and wiped a tear from my cheek I hadn't realized was there. "I'll see you later, Chris." He surprised me with a soft kiss on my forehead before leaving the hallway quickly. I felt myself slide down the wall and tried to control my breathing.

________________________________________________________________

D'awwwww, WE WANT ACTION, right? 

Too bad. Wait till next chapter for some action, but between who? *wink wink* 

Hope you all are enjoying, and I hope you all have been checking out Heather's (Punkrockpenguin) Fiore story, Royal Bitch. You'll all love it! 

Please vote and comment! Let me know what you think, whose story you're most interested in delving into :)