I wiped the tears from her face and hugged her.

It breaks my heart to see her like this but.. It's for the best. I don't need her worrying about about this stuff.

"It's just better if you don't know. It's safer.." I kissed her forehead, inhaling her scent. "I love you. Just know that I would do anything to protect you"

"That sou-" she was cut off by a loud crash coming from downstairs.

Mia and I looked at each other and then ran downstairs to see what it was.

It was Noah.. He was throwing things around and yelling.

He picked up a glass cup and threw it at the wall across the room. "Son of a bitch!!!"

He had tears in his eyes and he was looking for his keys. What the fuck is going on?

The guys were trying to get him to calm down but he wasn't listening to him.

I walked over to him. "Noah"

He ignored me. "Where's my keys!?"

He continued to search for his car keys but I tried again anyway. "Noah what the hell is wrong with you?!"

He ignored me again.

"Noah stop and tell me what the fuck is going on!!" I yelled losing my patients.

"Its Jonah!!" He finally told me sodding. "He's in the hospital!" He then picked up another glass cup and threw it at the wall again. "And I can't find my fucking keys!!!"

My heart dropped to my stomach as I registered what he just told me. "We're taking my car"

And with that Noah, Mia and I all got into my car. Jake, Chris and Damon took their own cars. We arrived at the ER and immediately saw Noah and Jonah's parents. Noah ran over to his parents and they hugged each other.

"How is he?" Noah asked his parents.

His mom, Lilly shook her head. "Not too good. He's in surgery right now"

Noah ran a hand through his hair as he tried not to sob. "God!!!"

I gave Noah's parents a hug and we all took a seats.. Waiting for Jonah to come out of surgery.

I remember when Damon and I were younger, mom would go missing for days so sometimes we'd just stay at Noah and Jonah's house. Their parents would cook for us, take us to school, give us money.. Anything we needed. I remember all four of us sharing a room. We'd stay up all night and watch tv, or sneak downstairs to the kitchen and eat junk food.. Of course we got caught, because Jonah just had to burp loudly after every sip of soda. He'd always get mad because I'd always beat him at wrestling.

I laughed to myself as I remembered just how crazy that kid actually is..

My phone rang so I walked away from everyone to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Surprise!"

My eyes immediately closed shut at the sound of that voice.

"What do you want Miguel?"

"Oh nothing. Just wanted to hear your voice"

"Nows not the time for your fucking games" I hissed into the phone.

"Oohh.. Right. I bet it isn't. Ya know, with your friend being hospitalized and what not"

"How the hell do you know that!?"

"A little birdy told me.." He said sarcastically. "How else do you think I know? Think real hard. Your two months are almost up?" He paused. "And if you don't give me my money I will?"

"You did this to him" I mumbled to myself finally understanding. "You did this to him?!!"

"Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!!"

I could feel my fist tightening around my phone and my body begin to heat up.

"You son of a bitch!" I hissed.

"Well yea, my mother was a bitch. That's why I killed her.. But anyway, this was just a warning. Just giving you a taste of what will happen if I don't get my money on time"

"I will-" he cut me off.

"Two weeks Dean! Make it happen!" He hung up.

Once he hung up I threw my phone at the wall and began to punch the vending machine repeatedly until I felt hands on my arms.

"Stop! Dean stop!!" Mia yelled stopping me from punching the vending machine anymore.

I looked at her tear stained face and sighed. I sat down against the vending machine with her beside me.

"He's not gonna stop" I mumbled to myself.

"What?" She asked confused.

"He's not gonna stop" I shook my head. "I've been busting my ass everyday!! Just so shit like this wouldn't happen!!!" I yelled.

"It's gonna okay" she whispered.

"No Mia! It isn't! He is not going to stop!!" I stood up. "I need some air. Don't follow me"

I went outside so I could think.. She didn't follow me like I asked. I was thankful. I hated yelling at her like that. She didn't deserve that..

I got in my car and just sat there for a while.

There's no handbook on how to handle situations like this..

I'm doing the best I can..