---The Solution---

---Y/N's POV---

I opened my eyes and found myself back in the Ru'aun Forest. I was leaning against the same tree. I stood up from my sleeping position and tried to look for Lindsey. I soon found her in a panic a little away from where we slept. She was facing the opposite direction.

"Um, Lindsey?"  I asked. She tuned back around to face me. She ran up to me looking relived.

"Y/N! I was so worried! Where were you!? I woke up and noticed you were gone a-and I couldn't find you anywhere!" She said. A confused look came across my face.

"Huh? What do you mean I wasn't there? I woke up in the same spot I fell asleep. I don't understand." I said. I paused, "Hold on...was the same thing that happened to me...what happened to Aphmau and Garroth?"

"Huh?"

"When Garroth was trapped in the Irene dimension, Aphmau was able to visit him in her dreams. Or, it could've been reality. When I fell asleep...I found myself somewhere in the middle of nowhere. But Laurance was there. So...I think me and Laurance just experienced what Aphmau and Garroth did." I explained to her.

"That's crazy! Now that gives me an idea...because you have Irene's power, that's why you were able to see Laurance...but when Aphmau visited Garroth, he was trapped in the Irene dimension. So...the chances are, Laurance and the others are there." She said.

"Is that enough information to determine that they're actually there?" I asked.

"No, sadly. Was there any clues in that place you were at that could mean they are in the Irene dimension?" She asked.

"Uhh...wait! I think so. Before I woke up, we heard church bells, don't you hear church bells when you enter the Irene dimension?" I asked.

"Actually...yes! I believe you do! They must be there! Let's try to find the Irene portal. I think I know where it is." And with that, she ran off. I tried to keep up with her as we ran.

~•~•~•

We soon arrived at the Irene portal. It looked so warn out as if it was just used. It was closed, however.

"Do you know how we can open it?" I asked Lindsey. She thought.

"Yes, however, this process is very hard to explain. There are also many ways to open it. Well, not that many..." She said, "Either someone makes a sacrifice, Irene herself can open it, or we can transcend the Realm Barrier, which is very hard to do."

"I-I see...we're Descendants of Irene so...does that mean we can open it?"

"Yes, but we need to be under full control with our power. Both of us are not so controlling over it."

"What do you mean? Since you're a guardian angel I thought—"

"Yeah, but this is all new to me. All I know to do is turn into my 'Irene-like' form and track certain people down."

"Is you can track people down, then can you—"

"I've tried. It's harder to track down people of they're in other dimensions. So...I guess we have to do it this way..."

"Wait, let me do it." I said. "I can...make a sacrifice."

"What!? Are you crazy!? No! I'm not going to let you die!"

"And I'm not going to let you die!" There was a small silence. Then she said,

"Don't Worry, Y/N. Irene can just...give me a new life. Plus, I'm willing to sacrifice the people I care for. Garroth already loves Aphmau so...there's no chance of me and him. Just...let me do this." She said.

"I-I...I can't let you sacrifice yourself. Let me...concentrate and try to open it the way Irene would." I suggested.

"F-Fine. But...please don't die." She said. I smiled.

I walked directly in front of the portal. I put my hands together and transformed into my 'Irene-like' form. I breathed calmly and cleared my mind. I tried desperately to open it. Soon I heard noise from the portal.

Don't stop now, Y/N...it's opening but it's not opened yet. You can do this...just...stay focused....focused...

The noises suddenly stopped.

"Y/N! Y-You—" she began. I opened my eyes and retracted my wings. The portal was opened! But how did i—

"W-What!? Wow...I really did it! Come on, let's go inside."

I walked closer to the portal and stepped slowly into it. I felt myself teleport into another dimension. Irene's dimension.