---Stabbed In The Back---

Chapter Nine.
-+-
--------------------------------------------
Y/N = Your Name
H/N = Horse Name
V/N = Village Name
F/C = Favorite Color
S/F/C = Second Favorite Color
H/C = Hair Color
E/C = Eye Color
[SONG]: Safe And Sound (Nightcore)
----------------------------------------------
-+-

~•Your POV•~

"Chicken Shaman, what are you doing here? And how did you escape the Nether?" I asked him.

"Hm? Oh, that doesn't matter now. This is my trap. Wow, I caught you on my first try! Tell, kinda. Anyways..." The Shaman got a bow and arrow out and aimed it us.

"W-What? What are you—" I began.

"Zane got me out of the Nether in return of working for him. So," he raised the bow higher, "Now, I must kill you."

"No! Please! I won't let you!" I shouted.

"Hurry up and fire!" Shouted a familiar voice. Standing behind the Chicken Shaman was Zane.

"Oh, right." Said the Shaman. Then he fired the arrow and it barley missed me. I jumped out of the way but that might have been a mistake. The arrow hit Laurance in the arm.He groaned and fell to the ground.

"LAURANCE!" I shouted. I ran over to him and check for a pulse.

Still alive

But for how long?

"YOU FOOL! YOU MISSED HER! THAT WAS MY ONLY ARROW! Now I will finish the job." Zane said as he walked up to me. Tears streamed my face and I covered my eyes. Just as Zane was about to hit me, I herd hissing noises and shouts of Zane. I opened my eyes again and saw Destiny in her cat form clawing at Zane's face.

"Y/N go! I'll hold him off!" Destiny shouted at me. I hesitated.

"But what about Laurance?" I asked. Destiny didn't answer. She continued to claw at Zane. I looked through my belongings and found nothing. "SOMEONE HELP!" I shouted on the top of my lungs.

"GAH! GET OFF MY FACE YOU STUPID CAT! UGH!" I herd Zane yell. The Chicken Shaman did nothing. He just stood there and watched.

"Laurance please wake up!" I said. I herd groaning coming from him. He opened his eyes. "Laurance you're alive!"

"Ow, my arm...it's throbbing with pain...it's different." He said.

"Come on, get up. We need to get back to Phoenix Drop." I said. I helped Laurance stand and we tried to run away. We made it out.

---Destiny's POV---

Okay Destiny, you've got this. All you need to do is claw his eye out. He only has one, right? That can't be too hard. Ha, he's pathetic! He can't get me off him!

I scratched and tore at his face. Pretty no more, Zane! Ha ha! But he eventually through me off his face. I flew back into a tree. I groaned. I looked up at Zane and hissed. He laughed manically.

"Well, here's a new toy for my collection." He said. I took shape into my human form. I didn't know what to do. Then Zane hit me on the head and I was knocked out.

---Y/N's POV---

We were almost there. I can almost see the gates! We soon came to them.

"Haha! Laurance we made i—" I began. I turned around and saw Laurance many feet behind me. He looked up at me.

"Y/N I—" Then he collapsed to the ground. I ran over to him.

"LAURANCE!" I screamed. Kyle opened the gates and called for help. Aphmau, Dante, and Katelyn came over to help.

We brought him to the Tree Fort for him to rest. I walked up to Emmalyn to ask her a question.

"What's wrong with Laurance? I know he was shot by and arrow but still...this shouldn't be happening." I said.

"By what I know, Laurance has Wither Sickness. It must have been the arrow." She said.

"Wither Sickness? What's that?" I asked.

"It's a very...dangerous sickness. You can get it in many ways. But it is very serious and can possibly lead to...death." She said sadly.

"WHAT!? DEATH!? NO! PLEASE LAURANCE CANT DIE!" I shouted.

"He might be fine if you let him rest and he don't let him get up." She said.

"Isn't there a cure?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not. And Aphmau already tried healing him. But it didn't work.  I'm sorry Y/N, but I must go now." And with that, Emmalyn left the room. Me and Laurance were the only ones in the tree fort. Laurance coughed.

"Laurance, are you okay?" I asked as I walked over to his bedside.

"I-I'm not. I feel...terrible. Gah, my arm hurts!" He said.

"Laurance I'm so sorry...if I wouldn't have moved out of the way—" I began.

"If you hadn't moved out of the way you could have been hit. Don't blame yourself for this." He said. I held back the tears. "Ahh! Oh my Irene it hurts!" I sighed. Then he looked up at me sadly. He smiled weakly. "Hey, can you maybe....sing...please, I love your voice." He asked. He reached for my hand. And I held it tight.

"Of course." I said. I sang the lullaby that my old friend Melody would sing to me at night when we were in the woods.

Safe and sound: (at top)

I remember tears
streaming down your face
When I said
I'll never let you go
When all those Shadows almost
killed your light
I remember you said
don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and
gone and past, tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come, morning light
You and I'll be
Safe and Sound

Don't you dare
look out your window
Darling,
everything's on fire
The world outside
our door keeps raging on
Hold on to this
lullaby
Even when the music's
gone, gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come, morning light
You and I'll be
Safe and Sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La, la (la, la)
La, la (la, la)
Ooo, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La, la (la, la)

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come, morning light
You and I'll be
Safe and Sound

Ooo, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh oh oh

<3

Laurance smiled at me weakly. He struggled to sit up but he did. Then he pulled me closer and kissed me. I kissed back. We broke away from the kiss and he lied back down to fall asleep. I smiled at him and let go of his hand. Then I walked away.

---

Hey guys! If you play Minecraft Storymode then you'll get an idea of what Wither Sickness is. Speaking of Minecraft Storymode, I just finished part four and I almost started crying! I'm not giving spoils though. Warning for part four, it. Gets. Sad. ;-; Anyways, bye! ~Kitty

---