9: Enemy

I followed him out of the kitchen. My face neutral. Just as I thought he would open the door he turned to me and I flinched. Visibly flinched. He furrowed his brows at me.

"Smile, you're on camera." His smile was almost sadistic-like. I shivered in disgust.

Nonetheless, I smiled.

He turned away from me and opened the door. When he stepped back he placed a firm hold on my waist. It was the kind that looked to be light but actually hurt because of how hard he squeezed.

I wasn't expecting this so my smile faltered a bit and my heart sped up. Why is he touching me, I thought to myself.

The man on the other side of the door looked like bad news. I really hoped that whole saying, don't judge a book by it's cover, was true right now. Or else, I was in trouble.

He walked in, his eyes kept coming back to me. He'd look at my captor then a second later his eyes would return to me. Almost like he was trying to figure me out.

Since my captor was too busy speaking to him I was able to mouth out a few words to him.

"Help me," I mouthed out.

His eyebrows scrunched up before a smirk appeared on his face. I knew this would catch my captor's attention so I quickly went back to smiling.

Just like I had thought, my captor turned to me. His hold on me lightened up as he almost dropped his arm from my waist.

"Well, you've got yourself a girl now haven't you, Belle." The man spoke to my captor. His smirk unwavering. I felt like there was a different meaning behind his words but I stayed quiet.

My captor only tensed before trying to seem comfortable.

"Yes, and I would appreciate it if you kept your eyes off her." His jaw was tense. This whole conversation felt like it had a double meaning. Or maybe they didn't like each other and were fake friends.

"Come in," he made me move closer to him while he let in his friend.

"Haven't seen you in a while, Belle." His friend talked to him and I tried to pay close attention to every word they spoke to each other.

"C'mon man, we've known each other long enough for you to call me by my first name now." I wasn't sure if my captor was dumb or if this was his way of telling me I was going to die before I could ever tell anyone his full name.

"Alright, Drew. What's for lunch?" I don't know if only I felt it but I sensed tension between the two. Were they even actual friends or...

Just then I realized what he said, Drew.

His name is Drew Belle.

Drew Belle. Drew Belle. Drew. Belle.

I repeated in my head in order to hopefully not forget his name.

"Lasagne and salad." I wanted to raise my eyebrows but instead I tried to show no emotion.

However his friend did raise his eyebrows.

"Her favorite." He nodded towards me with his head. I almost snorted out loud, sure it is, along with getting kidnapped by random strangers.

Then something I didn't think would happen, happened.

"You know you're not supposed to fall for'em." Drew's friend said. I furrowed my eyebrows, what was he talking about.

"I knew you'd give in one day and snatch one up." My jaw almost dropped. Was he talking about...

Drew's jaw locked and he almost spat out his next words.

"I'm not like you."

"Oh but you are. And she's proof of it." His friend pointed towards me. A mocking smile on his face.

"I'm not a sadist like you. She's not here for that. Nor will she be." I had a feeling I knew what was going on but I didn't want to know.

"You can't hold it in forever. Lets rain check shall we." Then his friend left just like that.

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;