52: Party

I didn't think I'd forget about that note...until it was my turn to walk across the stage and suddenly all I could think about was that it was finally over.

I was finally done with school.

My face broke out into a huge smile as I walked up the steps and I heard the cheers of my city. Everyone in my city knew about me even though I only knew about a fifty people. Turns out being kidnapped for seven months makes you popular.

The crowd broke out into a chant of my name and suddenly someone started a new chant.

"Warrior!" Everyone went along with it and my vision blurred as I covered my mouth with my hand. I was overwhelmed with emotions and two chants away from crying. I quickly grabbed my diploma, shook hands, and before exiting off the stage I signed 'Thank you' to the audience in ASL.

I felt a rush of adrenaline as soon as I walked down the stairs of the stage and back to my seat.

I didn't even try to look for my dad and Ron because of the turnout this year...it would be simply impossible.

As I sat and listened to the rest of the students graduate I couldn't help but smile.

;-;-;-;

"Do you wanna catch a movie after we get home and I change?" I asked my dad and Ron.

They shared a knowing look before my father answered.

"Oh sure, princess. It's your day." I'm so happy high school is finally over. The most stressful years of my life so far.

Fûck, I can't even imagine college.

My dad pulled in our driveway and quickly opened the door.

"I won't be long! In the meantime search up showtimes!" I shouted over my shoulder as I hurried up the steps.

I opened the door and nearly fainted.

"Surprise!" A wave of voices hit my ears.

What?

"Surprise, princess." My father came up behind me.

"You planned this?" I looked at my father shockingly. Wow I didn't know my dad was a party planner.

"Not just me," he shook his head and pointed at Ron who simply shrugged his shoulders as if saying, maybe I did maybe I didn't.

I hugged them both before walking in to my second high school party.

As soon I walked in the music began blasting through speakers that I didn't know we had.

I looked down at what I was wearing. Currently I had on my gown and underneath was jeans and a t-shirt since I didn't see the point in going all out when I had to wear the gown over it.

"I'm just going to head upstairs and change into something more...super-senior-grad-party appropriate." I winked at Ron and he laughed before nodding.

I hurried up the stairs. Thankfully my hair and makeup were done I just needed to slip into one of my dresses so it'll only take two minutes.

As soon as I walked into my room I pulled my gown off and threw my cap on my bed.

"Time to change," I hummed happily. I walked into my too large closet and quickly spotted the perfect black dress. It was tight but conservative.

I pulled it on and when I looked in the mirror I realized the problem...the zipper will never come up without the help of someone else.

Why do they even make dresses with impossible zippers! It's like they want women to depend on others! I was so busy ranting I didn't see someone walking towards me.

"Need a hand?" I looked up in the mirror and saw Drew standing there watching me with a playful glint in his eyes.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Yasssss! Reunited and it feels so goooooood!

QOTC: What is your biggest pet peeve?
One of my biggest is when people are ungrateful and treat their parents like shît when all their parents do is try to give them the best they can.

I just watched a sad ass video on FB where that happened and like I'm triggered. Ugh so sad.