41: Remembering

"Y-you love me?" I feel my eyes well up. He's never said it before.

"Of course I do, princess. You mean the world to me." His voice cracked somewhere in between and his smile struggled to stay up.

"That's why you've been trying so hard this week?" A small sad smile of mine inched its way up my face.

"Yes. I wanted to make you as happy as you make me." A tear slipped out of his eye.

"You know I have to do this right?" Pretty soon we were both crying in each other's arms.

"Yes. I do. I'm sorry. I love you." I tell him. I tell him because it's true. He's the first man I have ever loved and who knows if he'll be the last.

"Is this goodbye for us after...you know." I couldn't bring myself to say the words.

"For now, princess." He gave me his best attempt at a smile.

"Okay." I kissed him then. I showed him just how much I cared about him. Just how much I would miss him. Just how much I needed him to come back to my life.

"I'm ready." I wiped away his tears and his arms tightened around me.

"I'm going to have to blind you, princess. I'm sorry." I nodded in response.

He took a handkerchief out of his pocket and wrapped it around my eyes.

"Lets go." He led me to the front door and then I felt the cool fresh breeze of the night air.

I smiled. I would see my father soon again. It was a bittersweet time for me. 

I felt him lift me up and into a vehicle. I could tell it was a van based on the amount of space I had.

I heard him close the door then move to the front seat.

Suddenly it felt like I was hit with nostalgia.

I was in this situation before. In this vehicle. Blindfolded.

Only the first time it happened I wasn't happy.

I was hyperventilating.

My mind was going crazy as it kept getting hit with more and more memories that I had blocked away.

Memories from the night he had kidnapped me.

"Stop crying would you! It's his own fault that he's dead!" A deep voice yelled at me as they slammed on the gas pedal.

I couldnt stop crying and shaking. He just killed that boy. He was just trying to help me.

"He-he didn't deserve that! H-he was j-just trying t-to save me!" I could barely breathe at this point.

I didn't even know the guy but he was my hero that night. I had drank a few drinks. I was slightly tipsy and sitting outside in the backyard where there was surprisingly nobody.

There was apparently a very heated game of spin the bottle in one room and beer pong in another.

But I had heard footsteps and thought they belonged to Ron.

I turned around only to have a cloth thrown on my mouth on nose. A hand was holding the cloth firmly in place.

I began struggling.

"Hey you!" A voice not far behind me said.

"You just had to come out didn't you?" The man behind me spoke up.

I went limp in his arms even though I was fully conscious.

He let me go on the ground and began to make his way toward the mystery boy.

"Trying to be a hero can cost you your life." I heard as I got up from the ground and was beginning to run away as silently as possible.

But I turned around.

Just in time to see the man dressed in black stab the mystery boy. Repeatedly. Expertly.

"No!" I screamed before doing a 180 turn and running towards my attacker.

But I was too late. The mystery boy's body fell onto the ground. Blood leaked out of his mouth like a broken faucet. I jumped on my attacker's back and began hitting him repeatedly.

"How could you?!" I screamed over and over but nobody came outside. Nobody heard as the man in black dragged me away from all I knew and into his van.

Nobody saw me get kidnapped but that mystery boy that laid dead on the floor.

The memory hit me hard and I almost immediately forgot how to breathe.

Drew is a murderer!

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

I'm so depressed y'all. I just watched the finale of TVD and I was uncontrollably sobbing for 30 minutes. That show is the reason I began writing and now it's over.

So sad. :,(