Chapter 4: Constance- Trouble

Start from the beginning

I pick up some lemonade, and I wait to pay for my lunch. “Well I’m guessing you are one of the people who torment her daily?”

“No! Why would you say such a thing?”

I felt that he was lying to me, but of course I may be wrong… hopefully.

“I don’t know, everyone picks on her, so why not you?” I contradicted.

I finally reach the register just to hand her a twenty. She gives me a sweet smile and hands me back the twenty. “It’s free for you,” she says. I smile at her and thank her. Jake still held onto my tray, so I had to wait till he finishes paying. Why me?

He finally caught up to me. “Well, I don’t. Why would I?” he says. “Anyways, would you give me the honor to sit with me today?”

I glance around the cafeteria and realize everyone was staring at us. Some people were even whispering. Is this guy that popular? “No thank you, I really don’t need this sort of attention from everyone.”

“Come on, I would really love to sit with you and get to know you,” he pleads with puppy eyes.

I take away my tray from him, “As I said before I don’t need this sort of attention.” I begin walking away. “Goodbye, Jake.”

I find an empty table and begin eating my tacos. Everyone kept staring at me, even whispering. Maybe I should have stayed with him if it was going to get this bad.

Right before i decide to leave to find him, I understood why.

“Willow...” her friend Jonathan warns.

I look at her, watching as her rage slowly absorbs her. I’m guessing this means this is her table; this explains why everyone kept staring at me. Her rage was very clear to me and I don’t know why I’m not looking away from her at this moment. Most people would but this is just so fascinating. How can one person be so angry?

Next thing I know, Damien comes out of nowhere. Is anyone else seeing this? Or is this just me? He was whispering to her and to my surprise she was getting calmer. What the heck is going on? She was slowly relaxing, her hands no longer in a tight fist. Why isn’t anyone questioning this?

When she was fully calm, Damien disappears, no one asks were he came from, and Willow throws away her food, leaving me with her friend.

“Well, there goes this day,” Jonathan states as he sits next to me.

“What just happened?” I ask.

“She’s upset because everyone likes you, they hate her, plus you’re in her seat, and no one sits in HER seat.”

“Is there like a rulebook everyone forgot to give me? And why is she over dramatic?”

He just smirks a little. “No there is no rulebook. And well, she’s been treated like shit her whole life.”

I nod, standing up to go find her. “I’m going to go find her and settle this dispute.”

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” Jonathan warned.

“And why not?”

“She hates you.”

I sigh, picking up my tray, dumping it in the trash, and heading off to go find Willow completely ignoring his advice. As I walk the hallways, I hear the stairwell door slam shut. Must be her.

I open the door to find Jake look at Willow with an evil glare and push her down the stairs. What a jerk! And once again, something took over me as I rush to him, his face full of shock once he notices me. I pull back my arm letting my hand become a fist; laying a solid punch on his nose.