十三

flashback;
13 october 2015

much to her dismay, jimin didn't drop by school the next day just after haeri's confession to him. and this resulted in haeri, having to blame herself non-stop for her rash behaviour. pulling her hair out of her head, haeri wasn't watching her way as she ambled back to class and it was when she hit a solid chest then she realised that she had collided into someone.

"sorry", she mouthed quickly but instead, the person was intentional in blocking her way out as he soon presented his arms, outstretched.

"where's park jimin?", he then demanded out of her and looking up, haeri let out a scoff when she saw jin, that gym guy from bangtan staring down at her.

"i don't know", she replied curtly but jin's accomplice, rapmonster held her back.

"what do you mean by you don't know? aren't you his best friend or to even say, his yeoja chingu?", he made a face at haeri and she literally spat back at him.

"i'm not. and look, he chose to join bangtan so technically speaking, he's nothing associated with-"

before haeri could finish speaking, her phone suddenly started ringing. looking a little annoyed by everything that was breaking her peace, she flipped her phone open to reveal the contact who was reaching her.

"ohh, look who's calling right now? tell me it ain't him", jungkook, the other guy started making a face at her.

to be honest, haeri flinched too when she saw the name - incoming call from park jimin popping up on the screen. but wasting no time as she had yearned to speak to him all this while, haeri immediately pressed on the green button to pick up his call.

"h-haeri? p-park haeri?", his voice sounded feebly as he called out her name from the other end of the line and right then, haeri's body stiffened up.

pressing her phone against her ear as tightly as possible, haeri replied him softly,

"y-yeah, i'm right here. b-but... w-where are you jimin?", she stammered.

"i'm.. i'm at home,"

"what the fuck are you doing at home? why did you skip school? do you know that bangtan is right here with me right now? those hooligan friends of yours wants to see you", haeri was starting to get all emotional with her words now but across the line, there was a long pause.

jimin had remained silent and already choking in tears, haeri took the initiative to carry on with the conversation,

"w-was it because of my c-confession to you? are you h-humiliated or e-embarrassed by my act? if yes, then i will stop-"
"no haeri, i love you,"

"m-mwo?", haeri asked again in case she've heard him wrongly.

"i love you too and that's all i want you to remember", jimin repeated himself and after which, the line went dead.

in total shock, haeri stood riveted to the ground. she was still having mixed feelings over whatever jimin had just said to her but jin just had to interrupt her thoughts.

"so what did he say?"

with her eyebrows knitted, haeri ignored jin and then attempted to push her way past bangtan, when yoongi grabbed onto her arm and yanked her back.

"i swear. if he doesn't turn up sooner or later, don't blame us if this goes circulating around,"

with that being said, yoongi gestured for hoseok to show haeri his phone and upon seeing that image on the screen, haeri's eyes widened in shock. she cupped her mouth and shook her head unbelievably at bangtan and right then, she was already crying hard. showing up on hoseok's phone, it was a photo which was taken when haeri was cleaning up the mess she had created on jimin on the very first day she spoke to him. remember? the time when she accidentally spilt her milk all over jimin?

but somehow, because of how the camera was angled, haeri's head just so happened to be sitting conveniently between jimin's legs in that photo, making it seem like she was giving him a blowjob.

everyone else knew that they had done nothing of such but bangtan, they had to twist everything out of it and they even threatened jimin using that image.

haeri let out a gasp when everything finally came clear into a full picture for her. clenching her fists tight, she gritted her teeth before she then send a flying punch on hoseok's face.

"fuck you bastards!", haeri yelled and stepping away from bangtan weakly, she jabbed her finger accusingly at them,

"you bunch of idiots, i'm telling you right now. if anything happens to jimin, i'm not letting you guys off," she screamed and then, finally pushing her way past them, haeri ran out of school desperately.

waving her hands frantically, she flagged for a cab and immediately, she rushed off to jimin's home. the ride wasn't too long for her as jimin lives quite close to school but when the cab halted and she finally alighted from it, haeri saw the worst outcome ever.

parked right in front of jimin's house, there sat the red and white vehicle. and next to it, it also revealed a police car which has also just arrived at the scene.

"oh god, please not let anything happen to jimin", haeri prayed fervently to herself and quickly beating the police officers to jimin's house, she let herself in and headed up to jimin's room in no time.

"miss! hey! what are you doing?! you are not allowed in here!"

haeri ignored the officers' incessant calls at her. each step of hers was heavy as she made her way up, but as soon as she entered jimin's room, all she saw was mrs park sitting on jimin's bed, crying her heart out as she rested her head on ji-woon's shoulder.

"uh.. mrs park? ji-woon?"

haeri's voice was sounding a little edgy here already and when the duo's tear-stained eyes darted to hers, they only shook their heads sadly before then, directing their eyes towards the bathroom.

supporting herself on the wall, haeri took in a deep breath and prepared herself for the worst. with small, tiny steps, she headed towards the bathroom and the paramedics by the door even shifted aside for her to enter. however, as her eyes flickered to where the bathtub was, haeri felt her heart sank, right to the very bottom. her hand clutched tightly across her chest as she then let out a wail.

for staring right in front of her, there laid jimin, who had his head entirely submerged in the cold tub of overflowing water.

dear jimin | pjmजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें