Pretty Brown Eyes

ALEX

"How's she been?"

"Not great." I chuckled humorlessly. 

"Sleeping?" Taylor asked. 

"Nope, first time since I arrived."

Taylor sighed and slumped down in a plastic chair, Matt following him. Ivory was sat on my lap, sleeping properly for the first time in 3 days. I tugged her closer and kissed her forehead, allowing her breathing to settle. 

"So how's the man in question?" Matt asked.

"Fell back into a coma, the doctors put him under while they treated his breathing problems or something like that?" I shrugged. 

"Ivory blames herself I take it?" Taylor sighed. 

"Yup, that's why she won't leave the room, thinks because he was alone when he woke up it panicked him." I said, tightening my grip around her. 

"Dammit Ivory!" Taylor growled, dropping his head in his hands. 

"Has Chelsea been here?" Matt asked cautiously.

"Everyday, she was so mad when she saw me though." I confessed. 

"How long does she stay?" Matt questioned again.

"30 minutes max?" I offered. 

He nodded, the opening of the door cutting him off. Dr. Simpson strolled in with nurse Alli behind him, Alli gave me a sympathetic smile while Dr. Simpson checked Harry's charts. Ivory began to struggle so I removed my arms from around her and let her wake up slowly. 

"Morning sunshine." I whispered into her hair. 

"Hi." She mumbled, turning round and burying her face in my shoulder. 

"Feeling okay?" I asked her, kissing the side of her hair. 

"No." She sighed, tilting her head to gently kiss my neck.

"Come on, we're going out." I told her, grabbing her waist and standing her up. 

"Lex I can't." She frowned, clutching a handful of my shirt while her feet were still off the ground.

"One hour won't hurt darling." I said, kissing her forehead and setting her down.

"It'll do you good Ivory." Dr. Simpson smiled, turning from Harry.

Ivory sighed and reluctantly looked at me, her eyes tired and sad. I scooped her up in my arms and walked out the room with her, promising Taylor we'd be back soon. We walked through the hospital, Ivory wincing at the noises coming from various rooms. I kissed her head to calm her down and she laced her fingers with mine; it still surprised how she did that, she only held my hands at certain times.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Hazels?" I offered.

"Thanks." She smiled softly, tugging me closer and kissing my cheek.

~~

"I never asked you, how are you here?" She questioned, leaning her head back against my shoulder. She was sat in-between my legs as usual, my arms draped around her middle, her hands resting on my hands, 

"Taylor rang me, I left tour, the guys cancelled the shows, simple." I shrugged.

"You just cancelled the tour?" She exclaimed. 

"You're the priority babygirl, you come first." I smiled.

"Bet the guys love me right now." She sighed sadly, turning her head away.