Did we just?

ALEX

"Ivory get up." 

"Ivory-G!" 

"For God's sake Ivory!" 

I groaned and tightened my grip around Ivory's waist, we had fallen asleep by the willow tree, however Ivory was now led on me and I seemed to be holding her there. The voices continued to shout for Ivory to get up but she was obviously ignoring them. My head was pounding from the night before and my hair was soaked from the dew on the grass. Ivory began to shuffle around causing me to open my eyes to meet her big blue ones. I winked at her and she smiled shyly. 

"Enough flirting get up!" 

I sat up, taking Ivory with me so she was sat on my lap. My headache increased dramatically and I groaned, burying my head in Ivory's hair. 

"Morning Taylor..." She giggled. 

"Ivory-G you are in so much trouble you have no idea! You never called me! I called your dad and h-"

"You called my dad?" She interrupted, a hint of sadness in her voice. 

"What else was I supposed to do?" Taylor sighed, throwing his arms up. 

"Realise Alex was with me and I was fine! You know not to call my dad Taylor!" She yelled, standing up from my lap and angrily pushing Taylor. 

"I'm sorry Ivory but I was worried sick, you were missing!" He sighed, grabbing her wrists and pulling her to him. I took this opportunity and slowly stood up, pinching my eyes shut as all the blood rushed to my head. 

"Alright mate?" Matt whispered while Ivory and Taylor continued to argue. 

"F-Fine thanks.." I stuttered, wincing as I spoke. 

"How much did you drink?" He laughed. 

"Not a lot I swear!" I rushed out.

"It's okay, you're not puking so I believe you." He smiled. 

"Thanks." I grinned. 

"You know what? Whatever Taylor! If you were 'that worried' I just won't go out ever again, I won't see Alex or any of my friends, I won't see Mr. Farmers and I'll stay couped up by myself, will that finally please you?" Ivory suddenly yelled. Taylor stood speechless, trying to find the appropriate comeback. She shook her head and stormed away, wiping at her eyes. 

"Ivory-Grace, wait up!" I shouted after her, running to catch her up. She had already started the descent down the hill, making running after her difficult. 

"Ivo- WHOAA CRAP!" I yelled as I tripped and missed my footing, sending me rolling down the hill.

"ALEX!" She yelled, running after me until we were both at the bottom. 

I reached a standstill and Ivory collapsed next to me, inspecting for any injuries. 

"Are you okay?" She questioned, concern filling her expression. 

"I'm fine Ivory-Grace..." I smiled, sitting up and leaning on one hand. She lent forward and brushed my hair away from my eye, bringing her face close enough so our noses brushed. My eyes flickered to her lips and back again, and she repeated the action, before inching forward and gently attaching her lips  to my own. I lifted my hand and gently cupped her cheek, bringing my other hand to hold her waist. Naturally - so it felt - Ivory brought her arms around my neck and tugged at the ends of my hair, sparking a reaction inside me I didn't know could happen. Our lips moved like clockwork, it was gentle yet passionate. I shuffled so I was hovering above her slightly, bringing my hand down and circling it around her waist. 

"Alex..." She panted, pulling away suddenly. I pressed my lips against hers again, pecking them repeatedly while she giggled. 

"Did we just...?"

"Kiss? Well I think that's what the youngsters are calling it these days." I winked, she blushed and moved her head to rest on my shoulder. 

"Are you okay...y'know, after what Taylor said?" I said cautiously, running my hand up and down her spine. 

"I'm fine." She sighed. I leaned down and kissed her head, pulling her closer. 

"You wouldn't actually stop seeing me...right?" I worried, her head snapped up and she violently shook it. 

"What? NO! I'd never do that! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it honestly it just came out and you know I'd never want to stop being friend with Jack and Rian and Zack even though I just met him but especially not you because yo-"

"Ivory? Shh..." I laughed. 

"That happens way too often." She giggled, kissing my cheek. "Kind of like 'our thing'"

"Are we a thing?" I blurted out, Ivory stared at me blankly, unsure what to say. I opened my mouth to take back the statement when running footsteps came down the hill. 

"Look Ivory-G I'm so sorry I didn't mean it, I shouldn't have called your dad or worried so much. I'm sorry for not trusting you Alex." Taylor panted when he'd reached the bottom, Matt trailed behind him.

Ivory coughed and put a little distance between us, awkwardly sending glances my way. She looked conflicted, like she wanted to forgive him but something was stopping her. I nodded and smiled encouragingly at her, shuffling closer to her subtly and resting my hand on her knee, tracing patterns. Matt - who was stood behind Taylor- began to make exaggerated gestures signalling 'forgive him' and 'he's sorry'. Ivory finally gave up and giggled at Matt, making me grin at her happiness. She stood up and wrapped her arms around Taylor's middle. 

"Love you." She mumbled into his chest.

"Love you too Ivory-G." He smiled, kissing her head and hugging her back. 

"So what were you two up to then?"

A/N: THE BACKSEAT SERENADE VIDEO.

        THE BACKSEAT SERENADE VIDEO.