Hello You.

IVORY

"IVORY-G YOU'VE GOT A VISITOR!" 

I stood up from under the car I was working and wiped my hands on my overalls. Standing in the doorway was Alex, he was sporting his American flag jeans and a black t-shirt, a snap-back resting on his head. Taylor emerged from the office and gave him the once-over, before smirking at me and going back in. 

"Hey." I mumbled, aware of the fact I was in overalls and most liking had oil over my face. 

"Hello you." He smirked, walking inside and dropping his bag next to mine. 

"What are you doing here? It's 7am!" I laughed. 

"I came to see you, I want to see what you do all the time." He smiled, looping his arms around my waist and pecking my lips. Taylor let out an obvious cough causing Alex to smirk and wave at the office window where Matt and Taylor were watching with eager eyes. 

"Well, okay?" I smiled, unsure of what he wanted to do. 

"So what were you working on then?" He asked, gently wiping his thumb over my forehead. 

"The exhaust, I was replacing it." I said, smiling up at him. 

"Show me." He grinned, grabbing a creeper and lying down on it. 

"Okay." I laughed, lying back down and sliding under the car. Alex followed suit and soon we were both led under the Volvo s40, he looked up and laughed, before sliding back from under it again. 

"Well that was fun we should do it again some time." He laughed, remaining lying down. 

"Lightweight." I chuckled, continuing to finish the job I had started.

I heard him stand up and wonder away, muttering things to himself like 'what the?' and 'hmm?'. I giggled and slid back out, standing up and watching him wonder around in confusion. Taylor and Matt continued to busy themselves in the office, ignoring what he was doing, but I couldn't tear my eyes from him. I didn't know what we were anymore, we weren't dating - well he hadn't asked me - but we had kissed, and despite my lack of experience and knowledge in the relationship department, I was pretty sure I liked him. 

"Ivory-Grace? Earth to Ivory?" Alex chuckled, walking back towards me. 

"Hi..." I giggled, bringing my hand up and covering my mouth in embarrassment. Alex smiled and took my hand, placing it by my side and gently pressing a kiss to the corner of my lips. 

"You want to get coffee before school?" He whispered. 

"Sure." I breathed, glancing up to meet his eyes. 

"Good." He smiled, pecking my lips and pulling away.

~~

"I can't believe this, it's 7:30am and I'm getting coffee." He sighed, leaning his head on his hands. 

"What time do you usually get up?" I laughed. 

"Like 8?"

"That's when I leave Mike's in the morning." I smiled. 

"What time you do get up?" He exclaimed, shock apparent on his face. 

"5:30am usually." I grinned. 

"You're mad."

"You're lazy."

"You're ginger."

"You're annoying."

"You're beautiful."

I opened my mouth to respond but quickly shut it when I realised what he'd said, I blushed and looked away, folding my hands in my sleeves. Alex chuckled and sipped at his coffee, watching me closely. 

"What?" I laughed nervously. 

"I have something for you." 

"What? Alex you shouldn't have!" I gasped, amazed someone had actually thought to buy something for me. 

"It's only a little something..." He mumbled, slipping his hand in his bag and pulling out a little bag.

He passed it over and placed it in front of me, a hopeful smile on lips. I cautiously picked it up and opened the drawstrings, picking up the item inside and placing the bag back down. In my hands was a blue wristband, it was made of a straw-like material and hand a white circle in the middle. On the circle was a sketch of a swing-set, and on the other band was the word 'Okay?'. I gasped, it was beautiful. 

"Thank you!" I squealed, jumping up and rushing to his side of the booth, throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. Alex's arms held me close and he chuckled, kissing my forehead.

"It's nothing really..." He mumbled shyly.

"I love it, thank you." I grinned, leaning up and pecking his lips. His smile brightened and he returned the favour, pecking my lips too. I smiled shyly, leaning up and attaching my lips to his own in the gentlest way possible. He smiled into the kiss and cupped my cheek as usual, only breaking apart when we were both smiling too much. We just looked at each other until Alex's eyes drifted to the clock on the wall. 

"CRAP! Ivory school!" He said frantically. My eyes widened when I noticed the time and realised we had 5 minutes to get to class and we were at least 10 minutes away. We picked up our stuff and I stuffed the bracelet in my pocket, before running out the dinky café to school. 

~~

"Nice of you two to join us." Mr. Farmers smirked as we walked into homeroom. Everyone gasped as I walked in behind Alex, I was always the first here, never late. I sighed and took my place at the back while Alex sat next to Rian. The class resumed talking while Mr. Farmers graded papers, he looked up and our eyes met, he smirked and looked at Alex, winking at me, before continuing on. I rolled my eyes and picked the bracelet up out my pocket, placing it around my wrist and trying to fasten it. 

"Need a hand?"

"Please." I smiled, looking at the boy who was shyly looking at me. His usual messy hair was even messier due to our sprint here, and his cheeks were tinted red. He gently wrapped the bracelet around my wrist and tied the ends together.

"Thanks Alex, it's gorgeous." I grinned, twisting my wrist around to admire it. 

"Just like yo-"

"Seriously? Smooth..." I laughed. He blushed again and turned his head. 

"Too cheesy?"

"A lot too cheesy!" I giggled, reaching forward and straightening his fringe out across his forehead. 

"So then Ivory-Grace, may I stay?"

A/N: Thank you to YouGiveMeHope for her lovely comments, the bracelet Alex gave Ivory is actually a real thing, it's available on www.etsy.com and is a John Green, The Fault in Our Stars themed bracelet. Picture on the side(: