one

dedicated to smalljen aka the bestest friend in the whole world

"this could be us but you playing," zayn mumbled under his breath, rapping along with the rae sremmurd song.

he was on his way to the gym, considering he had not been there in a while.

the car vibrated with the volume of the music. it was likely that everyone outside was hearing it as well.

he parked in the gym parking lot and stepped outside, shivering a bit as the cool air hit him. he locked his car and walked toward the building, stuffing his hands in his coat pocket in attempt to keep himself warm.

there were many sections of the gym. there was a pool, a place where gymnasts could practice, a weight room, a room with things like treadmills and excersise bikes, and a room with a boxing ring and punching bags.

zayn headed toward the treadmill room, which was right next to the boxing area. he looked in to see a guy punching the shit out of a punching bag and cringed, hating the sound the mans hands made when it hit the bag.

he absolutely hated wrestling and boxing. they were an unnecessary violence that shouldn't even exist.

zayn took off his jacket, hanging it on one of the hooks and walking toward a treadmill. he set it to a moderately slow pace, not wanting to be exhausted when he had just arrived.

he put his earbuds in, immediately turning on drake. he stayed in his own little world for awhile until he felt someone tap his shoulder. he jumped at the strangers touch and turned off the treadmill, taking his earbuds out and turning around.

it was the boxer.

his chocolate brown eyes glimmered under the fluorescent lighting. zayn raised an eyebrow at him.

"can i help you?" he asked the man. the man raised his eyebrows and nodded.

"yeah. is this your wallet?" he asked, holding out a black leather wallet. "i found it near the coat hooks and opened it to see your picture."

zayn took the wallet and looked inside. sure enough, his license was in there.

"thanks." he mumbled, putting it in the pocket of his sport shorts and putting his earbuds back in.

the man smiled and nodded. "i'm liam, by the way." he said. zayn took one earbud out again in annoyance.

"i'm zayn." he said. liam nodded and smiled again. god, this kid smiled a lot. it was starting to get on zayn's nerves.

"lovely to meet you, zayn." liam said, a perky smile plastered on his face that made zayn sick.

"yeah, you too." zayn mumbled. liam smiled and gave zayn a little wave, walking back to the boxing area. zayn rolled his eyes and put his earbuds back in, annoyed by liam's perkiness.

sorry this wasnt very good it will get better