He slowly lifted his head to look at me and I stared back, memorizing those facial features that captured my attention the first time I saw him. If you're wondering if I already remembered everything, no, I still haven't. Just tidbits and glimpses.

He took my hand and squeezed it as he took something from his back pocket. "I know I'm an asshole and I know that you don't trust me anymore and I understand. I said before that I will let you go if you decide to leave my side but I can't. I don't want to see you with other guys besides me, Dee. I never felt like this before. Yes, I did love Lovely but not as strongly as I do for you." I was sobbing as he was now.

My eyes blurred from the tears as I watched him open his palm, revealing a small box. My mind couldn't fathom what was happening. I know that even though I may have forgotten, my heart still felt the same as back then as it thumped loudly against my chest, anticipating what would happen next. I gasped when he let go of my hand and opened the small box to reveal a silver ring inside.

"I know we started on the wrong side and I know I played with your feelings to try to conceal my own, but I won't do it again. I ask you to give me another chance to make things right. I know that this is not the right time to ask you this but I can't wait another day with wanting to become a real family with you. So, will you, Darren Michaels, make me the happiest man alive by marrying me again?"

I was speechless, my hands covering my mouth as hot tears travelled their way down my cheeks as I watched Ezekiel hold out the ring, his tearful eyes held hope and dread as he waited my answer. I opened my mouth to answer when the moment was ruined when my phone rang.

I wiped my tears as I took my phone from the nightstand. I frowned when I saw an unknown number calling me. I looked at Ezekiel and he moved to see what made me frown. He frowned in confusion as well before gesturing for me to answer the call. So I swiped the answer icon and put the call on loud speaker.

"Hello?"

There was silence on the other line and it made me anxious as I waited for them to say something. I'm not sure why I was getting anxious, but it was there in the pit of my stomach.

"Darren Michaels?" The voice asked on the other line and I looked at Ezekiel who had a frown etched on his face.

"Yes, talking. Who is this?" I asked, the anxiousness I felt was spreading by the second all over my body and my thoughts went to Daryl.

"I have your precious brat here and his two faggot nannies." The grip on my phone loosened and I almost dropped the device when he said he has Daryl and my friends.

"W-what do you mean?" My voice quivered when I asked, chanting in my head that it was not real, that they weren't kidnapped.

"I meant what I said and I don't repeat. So, here's the deal, if you want your brat back, come at the abandoned warehouse a little over the border of this town alone. In exchange for them, I will take you. And don't dare call the cops, or you might not see your brat and friends alive." And the line went dead.

I dropped my phone on the floor with a thud when my hand became weak. I was glad that I was already sitting or else, I would've dropped on the floor as well. I barely registered Ezekiel holding me in his embrace, because my mind wandered off towards Daryl and my friends.

I didn't even notice that I was already crying from worry if it weren't for the salty taste of my tears on my lips. Oh god, what in the world is going on? Why is it happening to me now? Is this some kind of sick joke?

"We have to save them, Zee. M-my Daryl. Oh god, Louise and Julius got dragged into this mess because of me!" I sobbed and Zee pulled me into his chest, his arms circling around me in comfort. I gripped his clothes as I cried, not the slightest care if I showed weakness.