viii : quidditch

As the cool autumn air thickened, students became anxious for the Halloween ball in two weeks.

The one thing Olivia didn't have to worry about was her date for the ball. Paxton, although her last option, was still an option.

Today looked like a normal cloudy day, students wandering the halls of the castle and the morning dew scattered on the ground of Hogwarts. The first quidditch match of the term was being held at the Quidditch pitch and the entire school was buzzing with excitement. The match was Hufflepuff versus Slytherin.

Olivia did not care for either of the teams, she barely even cared when Ravenclaw played. It was nice, however, to not have her house go absolutely insane during the match.

It had been two hours. Two hours since the game had began and Olivia was over it.

"Well folks, today has not been moving fast at all. With Hufflepuff at 180 points, they are definitely catching up to Slytherins 190 points. But the snitch is nowhere in sight". Marcus Jordan announced, each of his words had boredom dripping off.  All the hype and excitement had died down and had now been replaced with frustration and irritation.

"Holy fuck, I don't think I have ever been this bored in my life." Marie groaned, as she rested her head on Kians shoulder. Olivia had been braiding her hair for the last half an hour, though she had since grown bored of the that.

The Hufflepuff seeker, Andrew Orman, was franticly searched the pitch for a  hint of gold. Regulus Black, the seeker for the Slytherin, had a stressed look on his face, but continued to observe the stands. While more students and teachers and students had taken up a conversation amongst themselves, and Dumbledore was taking a peaceful snooze, Olivias eyes were scanning the pitch.

Suddenly a flash of gold scurried across the field, catching Regulus's attention. In the blink of an eye, Regulus was after snitch, with Andrew on his tail. Reaching his arms out for the snitch, Regulus's hand fixed around the golden ball, the stands erupting in cheers.

Olivia hated to admit it, but Black was an impressive player. Extremely talented and agile. The entire Slytherin section of the stands erupted in applause, and Olivia was sure most people where overjoyed at the fact that the game was over.

Olivia and her friends always waited for the majority of students to leave the stands before even attempting to leave the pitch. After 10 minutes, the stands were almost deserted, and Olivia and her friends decided to try and leave.

As they reached the bottom of the stands, Olivia made eye contact with Regulus Black, who was talking to Madame Hooch. He gave her a slight smirk, and Olivia hastily looked away, before heading back to the castle.