"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" Simon questions. Axel was a bit annoyed by him and his questions.

"All we know is a long time ago the Circle led a revolt. A lot of Shadowhunters got killed including my father."

"And since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the Circle." Alec informs the group.

"But, how is that even possible? It's your history." Clary asks them. She was surprised they didn't know. They should at least know a bit of it.

"Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter."

"Because of her mother." Axel defended.

"And now the only person who knows the truth is missing, so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden, there's got to be someone out there who can tell us - why they've taken my mother." Clary looks at Axel. Everybody turned to look at him while Axel was looking around. When he turned to look at them, he got a bit startled.

"What?"

"Do you know anything about the Circle?"

Axel signs and looks at Clary, "I don't know the details but I only know that Jocelyn took the cup and you and hid. Because of that, Circle members were after you both. She searched ways to protect you and that led to me. She never did trust me so I don't know much."

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" Clary takes a step closer to him making Alec get closer to Axel. She thought he was her brother. He was there her whole life.

"Those memories you have of me before 15? Well they aren't real." Axel says making all of them look at him shocked. "I'm a Downworlder that likes to make deals and well Jocelyn made a deal with me. I protect you for something in exchange."

"What was it?" Clary asks with clenched teeth. She was finding this hard to believe. "A chance to change my mind about your family."

Every body looked at him shocked at this revelation. There was so much anger and fury in his eyes that made Simon back away a little. Alec, being the closest, took a hold of his hand and intertwined their fingers. Axel smiled softly at this.

"Do you guys have anyone or anything that could help with this?" Axel asked. Jace thought about it and nodded when he remembered Hodge.

"You coming?" Jace asked Clary. She nods her head and Jace grabbed Clary's hand and Clary grabbed Simon's

"No, no, no. Not you." Jace said looking at Simon in distaste. Axel laughed a bit.
"Hey, we're a package deal." Clary defends the mundane.

"There are runes all over the training room floor that would kill your mundie boyfriend."

"He's not my-" "I'm not, like We're, uh, just friends." They say at the same time. "Best friends." Axel muffles his laughter by smothering his face in Alec's shoulder.

"Yeah, and I'm tough. I can handle runes. So, uh, bring on the runes. What exactly are runes?"

"They give Shadowhunters our demon-fighting powers." Isabelle walks in and smiles at Alec and Axel. She was probably the only person that shipped them.

"So hot." Simon whispers looking at her.

"Don't worry, Clary. I'll watch over the best friend. In fact, I was about to make breakfast."

"On second thought, the runes might be less lethal." Alec muttered making Axel grin. A small smile appeared on Alec's face.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Please excuse my brother's lack of manners. This is Alec and I'm Isabelle." Isabelle sighs and gives a smirk at Simon.

"Lewis. Simon, Simon Lewis. Two first names. Am I still talking?" Simon embarrasses himself and mentally face palms.

"See? Best friend's safe and sound here."

"Jace, if anything happens to him-"

"Go on, I'll be fine. I think." Simon rubs his neck looking at Isabelle.

"Where are we going?" Clary asks Jace.

"Training room." Jace says to Clary and then looks at Simon, "Hey, uh don't eat the food. Dangerous."

Jace and Clary leaves to the training room while Isabelle drags Simon elsewhere, leaving Axel and Alec alone.

Alec grabs Axel's hand and they go sit down somewhere where Axel has not seen yet. They both talk about everything they could in a short amount of time. What they didn't notice was that both of them was falling more and more for each other.

Sorry for the short chapter! -.-