Chapter Thirty Three: The End

[A/N] Not the end of the book, just the title of the chapter!!

Sam:

"Take care of your brother sweetheart, and remember we will always love you." my father whispered the salty tears clouding his fading blue eyes.

"No you're coming with us! You can't just stay here!" I yelled, but he just smiled weakly.

"We can't go with you, you need to go to grandma's house...she will help you. Hurry now." he kissed my head, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my back. Sketch and my mother came out, my brother looking clueless and tired. I didn't want this to happen, I didn't want it to end like this.

I hugged them all, wanting to never let go of them. This was it...I would never see my parents again...I would never be in this house again. I would never go outside and play in the forest or read stories to Sketch at night. I would never see them ever again, never.

I wanted to scream out in frustration, and throw a tantrum like the thirteen year old that I was. I hated feeling powerless, like a pawn in someone else's game...I hated it.

I hated feeling so alone...so abandoned. I hated the feeling of hopelessness. I hated it more than anything. It was like a weight holding me down in water and I couldn't swim, I couldn't breathe...I couldn't fight. We couldn't fight.

It was the end for the human race.

"Hey it's okay....don't cry, it will be okay. You're just hungry that's all." Xanthe cooed into my ear pulling me into his lap, and pulling my mouth to his neck.

My sensitive fangs extended and a new hunger had sprouted in my throat. His open wide neck was drawing me in, and the blood that flowed underneath was calling to me. I looked away, feeling disgusted with myself with these new urges. He started to rub himself on me, his smell was making me lose control and I couldn't hold it back.

I sunk my fangs into his tender flesh, wrapping my arms around him and bringing his body as close as possible.

I greedily drank from him, wanting the comfort of this prick. Even if I didn't want to admit it, drinking blood like this made me feel better....

His blood was relaxing and it tasted better than any human food I had ever ate. But that's what I feared...I feared not being able to eat human food. I feared the taste of it...if I would hate it and think it tasted disgusting.

After my hunger subdued, I pulled back letting my new teeth retract into my gums. He told me it was 'proper' to lick the wound clean but I was new at this so he didn't blame me if I couldn't. I timidly did so, licking the last bit of blood from his neck, feeling slightly embarrassed. He rubbed my back, whispering how good I did into my ear.

I wouldn't call drinking his blood an accomplishment...but it was better than drinking a humans.

"Better?" he asked.

I nodded my head, before laying my cheek on his chest. I wrapped my arms timidly around him, playing with his shirt between my fingers. He said that after being turned my body will literally crave his and I will want as much comfort from his as possible.

I guess he was right since I just wanted to hug him as close to me as possible at the moment. He smelled nice...

I was glad to see Sketch the other day...and I was thankful I had control over this damn hunger. Xanthe said that he helped calm me, but I really just want to give myself credit for not going crazy. He said that I have to feed regularly, so I was limited on how much time I had with Sketch.