Chapter Thirty Two: DJ

Start from the beginning

                “Hi there.” McClane said. Blinking Vivian licked her lips then smiled.

                “Hi… I’m Vivian.” Nodding McClane twirled her again then brought her close to him.

                “I’m McClane.” Giggling Vivian looked away.

                “I know who you are. “ She said. Raising a brow McClane slowly turned them.

                “How do you know who I am?” Turning back to him Vivian looked him square in the eye.

                “I’ve had a crush on you since I saw you win the championships your freshmen year. I wasn’t like a stalker or anything but I liked you. Of course you were way out of my league so I didn’t try to catch your attention.” She confessed. Brushing her hair back behind her ear McClane turned them again.

                “I wish you would have tried to catch my attention.” He said. Looking away Vivian tried to stay calm.

                “Why is that?” Pulling her close he leaned in and placed his lips to her ear.

                “Because I knew who you were all along and if you would have tried to catch my attention back then… we wouldn’t be getting such a late start.” Vivian’s eyes quickly went to his as he brought them to a halt.

                “Really?” She whispered. Smiling McClane brought his lips to her and gave her soft kiss. After pulling back he winked at her.

                “Really.”

Julia’s POV:

After moving off the dance floor I went to our table and downed the rest of my drink. Ferris and Sean were talking about the after party some guy was throwing tonight. I reached over and took Sean’s cup from his fingers and finished his drink.

                “Thirsty much?” He asked. Nodding I grinned. Standing Ferris leaned over and kissed my forehead.

                “I’ll be back.” I watched him walk towards the refreshment table when Laurie and Lori came into sight. Nodding her head she started back towards the back with Lori.

                “Tell Ferris I’ll be right back. Gotta talk to a man about a horse.” And with that I was gone. Making my way to the back of the ballroom I stopped. After searching the crowd I found Katlin dancing by herself since Micah was seated at the table staring at Declan across the floor.

                “Pssst!” I turned to see Laurie’s head sticking out of the door. Making my way over I slid inside the tiny crack.

                “Okay Lori and Olivia have counted the ballets. They’ve taken our fakes and mixed them in and now are destroying the other ballets. When their done you head over to Katlin and comment her on her dress while silently telling her it’s done. After you’ve done that I think you and Ferris should get the hell out of dodge. Once this goes down she’s gonna try to blame it all on you and she won’t be able to do that if you aren’t here.” Nodding I started fixing my hair. After ten minutes of waiting Olivia and Lori came strutting back in with smug but devious smiles on their faces.

                “For this to be so wrong… It feels so good.” Lori said as she patted the envelope holding the fake results.

                “Who actually won?” Laurie asked as applied some lip gloss.

                “Megan… she’ll receive a new crown on Monday after we finished humiliating Katlin tonight.” Olivia said. Looking back at the others I waited until we were all ready. Peeking out I slid out into the crowd and started to make my way in Katlin’s direction. I saw when Micah spotted me. A frown started to appear on his face. Giving my head a little shake I kept going until I was upon Katlin and her circle.

                “Beautiful gown.” I said faking my awe. Twirling Katlin posed a bit.

                “Thank you. It’s one of a kind.” She said.

                “You know what would complete it. The prom queen crown. Good luck. I know you’re a shoe in to win.” I watched as Katlin started squealing. The others looked at her like she was crazy but she kept on. After calming down a bit she thanked me for the compliment and turned back to her circle. I took my cue and headed for the other side of the room.

                “There you are. Sean said something about a horse and a man but I couldn’t understand him. “Taking Ferris’s hand I started for the exit.

                “Wait, are we leaving now? What about prom king and queen? Don’t you want to know who wins?” Looking back I grinned.

                “Trust me. We don’t want to be here when they announce that.” Confused Ferris followed me out into the lobby. Pulling back he waited for me to face him.

                “What did you do?” He asked. I felt kind of giddy to know he knew me so well.

                “I may have been a decoy in the plot to humiliate a certain person… and that’s all I can say. For our safety I was told we needed to leave.” After a minute Ferris started to grin.

                “After we’re gone will you tell me what you did?” Nodding I started to skip for the exit.

                “Of course I will. But the only stipulation I have is we have to naked to talk.” Giving me a cheeky grin Ferris started to run ahead pulling me along.

                “Then what are we waiting for, let’s go!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided on a whim to include Vivian because I really liked her character. Once I decided to add her I was like... 'What does she look like?' After a minute I came up with the answer. I hope you like it. Here is another Prom Pic Vivian!

Music By: Florence + the Machine: Hurricane Drunk